Reactions: Samuelx

2015 accord sport
View attachment 545170

View attachment 545171

View attachment 545172

View attachment 545173

View attachment 545174

View attachment 545175

The vendor I got it from (there are several to choose from on Aliexpress)

A little under $17 including tax. Poker chips are there for size reference - the car itself is just under 6" long and 2.75" wide at the mirrors... Took about 3.5 weeks to arrive.
Yeah, but how does it handle and does it get good gas mileage

Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ok, small update.

1st, I just noticed that there is a piece missing:

Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

I'm gonna contact the seller and see what we can work out.

Next - the car has two additional features - on the underside, a battery compartment up top and a wind up spring on the rear axle (pull back, let go, and the car moves forward):

Light Rolling Auto part Composite material Machine

This is what the batteries (3 x LR44) do:

There seem to only be two sounds - one is engine revving and one is horn honking (both with headlights and taillights lit) - there seem to be 3 options to activate the electronics, the front axle has a momentary click switch (push down on the hood/car and you can hear/feel the click) and if you open either front door, that will also activate the lights/sounds...

Finally, notice any difference?

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

(A little hard to tell but I gave it a chrome delete with a sharpie... hahaha)

Turbo lag
I notice a panoramic moonroof on the model. Do (real) Accords outside the US have them, or is that just some poetic license on the part of the model-maker?
They do in fact have them outside of the US.

Reactions: Samuelx

Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 馃嚛馃嚜

Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Registered
That's the Good Stuff! :)

Talk about keeping value, I notice the 9th gens are going for twice the $ of the 10th gens... :oops::ROFLMAO:
Well, it鈥檚 not really the difference between gens lol. I don鈥檛 know how much of a die cast model fan you are, but as with other scale models, generally speaking, the bigger it is, the more expensive it is. I used to see some higher end 1/12 models going for $1,000 a piece (they鈥檙e probably even more now). I thought it was insane until I saw some 1/8 Ferrari models (yes, model cars) going for $10k lol.

As far as the difference between the 1/18s of these two gens, I think it鈥檚 simply the rarity of these models nowadays. There鈥檚 simply more 10G diecast models because they鈥檙e newer, so they鈥檙e relatively less expensive. I got my 1/18 9G for about $130 shipped a few years ago. The site being mentioned isn鈥檛 really cheap, either.

Registered
I'm not into die cast models but the AUTOart Mad Mad V8 Interceptors look pretty effing cool! :)
Yep yep! Autoart makes some great models, they鈥檙e in fact what I call manufacturer of higher end models for the general public. Too bad they鈥檙e going with composite now (not fully diecast), but the details are great as long as one doesn鈥檛 ever drop them lol.

Registered
Yep yep! Autoart makes some great models, they鈥檙e in fact what I call manufacturer of higher end models for the general public. Too bad they鈥檙e going with composite now (not fully diecast), but the details are great as long as one doesn鈥檛 ever drop them lol.
I'm heavily into diecast models (sizes from 1/87 to 1/18) and I've noticed a couple of my 1/64 models have plastic roofs. I was not aware that the larger 1/18 scale models were also getting some plastic body parts. That stinks. I like the main body to be metal. Some of those 1/18s are really heavy.

Registered
I'm heavily into diecast models (sizes from 1/87 to 1/18) and I've noticed a couple of my 1/64 models have plastic roofs. I was not aware that the larger 1/18 scale models were also getting some plastic body parts. That stinks. I like the main body to be metal. Some of those 1/18s are really heavy.
I鈥檓 a casual long time fan of diecast and a fan of Autoart (although not nearly as much as before). Yep, I prefer metal too, but most Autoart models have gone composite for whatever reasons. If you compare a current day AA model to, say, a Kyosho model (or even my Honda Accord model pictured), the moment you pick up each you鈥檒l feel the difference between the two. There had been some complaints among AA fans especially given how much they charge lately, but the details are still great, so most just accept it as fact or move on to other brands. Thankfully, there are other brands that still make great diecast models at similar, or cheaper prices like Kyosho, Norev, Minichamps, all feel more substantial than AA, but obviously the details aren鈥檛 as great in some cases. There are others that are even better too, but they鈥檒l charge accordingly and can get real expensive.

Registered
Yeah, I have an older AutoArt 1962 1/18 scale Corvette in red and it's all metal except for the plastic hardtop roof that you can put on or remove. That doesn't bother me since this is a convertible. But on fixed-roof coupes, I like to have the whole body, including the roof, be metal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts