Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2016 Accord Sport (came from an 07 Infiniti G35x). 13k miles, San Marino Red, CVT with Honda Sensing. I've really been loving it so far ! I'm planning to buy a set of winter wheels/tires. My understanding is that I can't go any smaller than 17" and still clear the front brakes. I'm leaning towards a set of 17s that came off a 9th gen EX/EX-L. Might be a long shot, but does anyone have a picture of their Sport with these 17"s? I assume these should fit no problem? Pictures of my Accord (and its older brother) and the wheels in question.
Thanks!

IMG_20190823_183908.jpg

s-l500.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
I believe you'll be okay with this choice. Most all Honda OEM wheels for Accord are 55 backspace and the same bolt spacing and hub bore. I have read many times that 16's will not clear the larger rotors on anything above the LX model.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I believe you'll be okay with this choice. Most all Honda OEM wheels for Accord are 55 backspace and the same bolt spacing and hub bore. I have read many times that 16's will not clear the larger rotors on anything above the LX model.
It depends on the 16" wheel; my aftermarket 16" winter rims from Tire Rack just barely clears the EX brakes I have. I imagine my set of steelies would not clear, though I haven't had reason to try it.

17" rims should fit without an issue; EX and Sport brakes should be the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts