Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Hey everyone I am new to the website, and as you might be able to tell from my screen name I have a 2008 San Marino Coupe V6. I am loving everything about it right now but im getting my list of Mods in order. I am going to add a "mesh" grill under the bumper. I am still very confused about all the different HID kits you can get. And the bulbs that are just plug and play. I would rather have something that will give me a nice blue with out a lot of work or money so if anyone has ideas please let me know!

Attachments

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
2 user names, eh?

Do yourself a favor and get a real HID kit and not just different bulbs. The DDM kit is good, I just installed it myself. I got the 35W 4500k kit with the harness and it has been perfect so far, both my lights light up at the same time, never have to do it twice, at least not yet. Good luck with the modification.

Btw, auto or stick?

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
welcome and congrats on the ride and first post. 8000k will give you a soft bluish haz, 10,000k will be a deeper blue almost purple aqua glow.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm with YRMed on this one. I'm also in the process of preparing to buy HID kit...still don't know where though.

Check out the DIY section..there's an awesome thread on How to DIY Install HID kit.

·
Bat-mobile
540 Posts
welcome, I'm fairly new also but if you get HIDs I recommend you get ONEX HIDs made in Japan. Not like those cheap China kits. I got 6k it has a hint of blue

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
2 user names, eh?

Do yourself a favor and get a real HID kit and not just different bulbs. The DDM kit is good, I just installed it myself. I got the 35W 4500k kit with the harness and it has been perfect so far, both my lights light up at the same time, never have to do it twice, at least not yet. Good luck with the modification.

Btw, auto or stick?
Give him a break, he forgot to put v6 at the end. :D Kidding ..

What's a nowbie?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
A newbie who wants answers *now* , perhaps? :)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Can never go wrong with DDM Tuning with their prices. Haven't had any problems with their kits so far and they offer lifetime warranty.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

Since you have a coupe with projectors, you should spring for the 55w kit. As for a bluish tint, if you have a 35w kit, go with 6000k. With 55w, go for 8000k while still retaining a good amount of visibility.

Good luck man and welcome to DA!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks eveyone for the quick responses, so i will definitely go with the HID kit from DDM, for those of you who have already did it was it hard?? and did you go with the 35w or 55w which is easier to install??

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2 user names, eh?

Btw, auto or stick?

Its an auto and sorry about the username thing.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Personally I'm going with 35w as I understand it all OEM comes with 35w HIDs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've never had any issues what so ever with ddm tuning 35w kits....had them installed in my 05 Accord coupe and now my 08 Accord coupe. For the price of the kit its hard to not recommend them. BTW, I had the 6k kit in my 05 and the 5k kit in my 08.....the 5k produces better light output in my honest opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know ddm hid and VVME hid .they both light up quickly just once time .vvme hid is more easily to be installed. I got the 55W 6500k kit. it is the brightest light ,like the sun.not a colorful light .this is my opinion. good luck to you.:banana:

·
Registered
238 Posts
went with xenondepot 4300k myself, I like the nice clean white look, but if you want a bluer tint i'd go with 5k or 6k

·
Registered
193 Posts
Please don't put blue lights on your car. I hate, hate hate hate people with higher temp HIDS.

They blind the f*** out of everyone on the road and their usable light output is TRASH.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Please don't put blue lights on your car. I hate, hate hate hate people with higher temp HIDS.

They blind the f*** out of everyone on the road and their usable light output is TRASH.
I hate high temp HIDs because i think blue headlights look stupid... however, its the people with the pure white 4500 or 5k lights that are blinding. 5k is the highest, purest light output of hid temps. i had 6k hids in my old car and they were barely a blue tint, but then switched over to 5k in my headlights and fogs and literally saw like a mile down the highway.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hate high temp HIDs because i think blue headlights look stupid... however, its the people with the pure white 4500 or 5k lights that are blinding. 5k is the highest, purest light output of hid temps. i had 6k hids in my old car and they were barely a blue tint, but then switched over to 5k in my headlights and fogs and literally saw like a mile down the highway.
You saying that 5k gives out more light output visiablility wise than a 6
k does, right now im trying to decide which hids to get for my accord and cant really make up my mind

1 - 20 of 21 Posts