Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Itsjustarainyday
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To Whom it may concern.

My name is Rainy. I also go by Twon or Ant. I have had a few cars that i thoroughly enjoyed. And though it was not my first choice. The 2005 Honda Accord V6 that i got for the price, was something I couldn't pass up.

I Had been in the car for years, it belonged to my step-dad and was taken care of religiously and it is in great condition for how much it has been used. Which was commuter miles , which I will take over hurky jerky city miles.

Plans include front and rear suspension redone, maybe a touch lower but I'm not really wanted to lose more than like a 1/4 - 1/2. leaning towards half if i get different rims. but bigger rim/tire setup would likely be look into after suspension. once suspension is locked down and i have a second car to daily in, I'll start playing with internals under the hood, since i know how touchy these things can be. I don't even want a racecar, just wanna play with little things. Will be doing a lot of reading around here to find out whats working before i start shotgunning ideas and cash into the car. I know people are doing some cool stuff with these guys.

aesthetics are probably going to be factory paint. I wanna do some plasti-dipping, as well as a semi-clear dark-blue wrap to give the car the blueish-gunsmoke hue instead of the light grey that exists but be able to return to stock. Tints, the lights bottom half blacked out. custom license plate location.

Stereo system pretty much finished between what i had from previous cars and my uncle recently got rid of some old hardware. EITHER 2 x 12 almani 300rms or 2 x 12 IMPP 450rms. i kinda wanna ditch the boxes and bury them into the trunk space, put a cage over them and keep the original space (sorta and i know this would be involved ive helped with one on an old integra with a buried 15'') but i have got some decent ideas already. Apart from that i am looking into a touchscreen deck replacement and still trying to figure out what i want to do for climate control. Again, researching with a little bit of a predisposed idea so to speak.

either way. i hope to get to work on what i am declaring my new baby, (yet to be named, but i do have some ideas) :nerd and she will take a while to get going but I'm just happy i got my hands on one and one that i can enjoy.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,822 Posts
Welcome to DA. Restoring older Accords is great, love to see it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts