Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new member here to the site...

Picked up a 2010 Accord EX-L V6 for the wife 2 weeks ago...she loves it.

Traded in her father's '01 Camry LE that was given to her... I will never get a Toyota after the problems it had:

• brakes replaced 4 times by dealer and still squeals
  • steering wheel makes whining noise when turned to left or right, dealer replaced tie rod ends and powersteering pump, both no fix, steering column taken apart and inspected, no fault found...they wanted $1,200 for a new steering rack
  • all the lights in the climate controls, radio and shifter went out progressively
  • Toyota's safety issue with runaway throttles in the newer Camry (I still think it's the software issue in the engine throttle management system)
  • Toyota quailty control slipped and they became greedy...

Within a few days after picking up the Accord, I got these:
  • 55w HID kit
  • draw-tite class 1 hitch (to tow my 3 seater jetski)
  • trunk cargo mat
  • grocery gripper (not installed yet)
  • $1.29 gutter guard screen from Home Depot

The wife likes the bluetooth feature with her blackberry and the way the car feels...she says it feels like a SUV going uphill :lmao:
Still trying to get used to the bigger car feel :naughty:

My bro and I read the DIY guide on this forum for fitting the HID kit and while the front fasica was off, I decided to install the gutter guard screen at the same time.
Had I'd not know about the gutter screen mod, I would be pissed to find the a/c consender is easily damaged by FOD without a screen in place.

I towed my '02 Sea-Doo GTX-DI last week with it, total weight of it is 705 without fuel and trailer weighs aprox 200 lbs and with the V6 engine, I couldn't feel the car towing the trailer and the only way I could tell is by going over a big bump or pothole and the trailer shakes. Feels very powerful and smooth.

I like the diamond white color on the accord and the sparkle it gives in reflection when it's sunny out...and I'm tried of seeing grey/silver cars...all run of the mill to me...

The wife and I hate the new NY plates the dealer gave us, I have the blue/white plates on my other car. Since there's no way of getting the older style plates since the supply is depleted, we're getting a NY Yankees plates soon.

Attachments

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
Nice car & Welcome to the Forum...I am not crazy about NY's new plates
either....at least NJ has a nice neutral color plate :yes:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice car & Welcome to the Forum...I am not crazy about NY's new plates
either....at least NJ has a nice neutral color plate :yes:
Thanks, and you have cheaper gas...I always refuel at the Montvale, NJ gas station on the GSP whenever I'm over the Tappan Zee bridge.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Haha, you have DUI offenses with that plate here in Ohio...Anyone conviced of DUIs in Ohio that somehow keeps their license, gets yellow plates. Nice looking car btw.

·
"Life In The Slow Lane"
2,111 Posts
Thanks, and you have cheaper gas...I always refuel at the Montvale, NJ gas station on the GSP whenever I'm over the Tappan Zee bridge.
Yes we do...any station near the NJ/NY border is always mobbed with
NY cars...I kind of feel sorry for those that own a station in NY that is close to a NJ station...everybody crosses the border, so the NY station is empty :yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts