Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
VTEC YO
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone. I am new to the forums and hope to start posting on a regular basis, considering how much everyone has helped me figure out how to do things on my Accord. Anyway, I have a 2007 Accord Special Edition with the K24A8 and the 5 speed auto. I purchased the car back in 2012 as a Certified Pre Owned One Owner with 79,300 miles on the clock. She's up at just shy of 118K now and I have had little to no problems, just some small things here and there. As for performance mods I have not really had the time or money to put what I want into the car, aside from a K&N drop in air filter and some good synthetic oil with a K&N filter. but I am looking to do some performance mods soon. Only things done are a 20% tint on the windows along with smoked WeatherTech window visors, tail lights tinted using VHT Night Shades, 2 JBL 12" subwoofers, Rockford Fosgate and Polk Audio speakers and an AUX cord install. Other than that just a good coat of wax and doing my best to keep her clean without a garage. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the help and I look forward to talking with many of you soon. I already posted this in the New Owners/New Users thread but I figured more people would see the post if I made a new thread.

Attachments

·
I detail my car, a lot.
783 Posts
Look into adding some Inspire (or replica) fogs, I think it would really boost front end appeal.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats on the new Honda. That white looks really nice and the body looks to be in excellent shape. Are you considering new wheels also? Oh wait, you're in NY, where I hear they are notorious for ripping off nice wheels. Good luck with your mods.

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,166 Posts
Welcome to the forum, car looks good. I'd remove the tint on the tails, if you get rear ended you will be screwed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to DA! Congrats on your Accord, it looks great!

·
VTEC YO
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't like the decal, hate the tails, but dig everything else. enjoy the ride. ;)
Thanks for your both kind and harsh words lol.

Congrats on the new Honda. That white looks really nice and the body looks to be in excellent shape. Are you considering new wheels also? Oh wait, you're in NY, where I hear they are notorious for ripping off nice wheels. Good luck with your mods.
Yeah I've wanted to get a set of 18" black rims but the potholes and stories of the roads in New York are unfortunately true and I don't feel like bending rims anytime soon.

Look into adding some Inspire (or replica) fogs, I think it would really boost front end appeal.
How hard is the installation? I'm not super saavy with wiring and such and the switch and other wiring looked somewhat complex so I haven't bothered to get the fog lights as much as I want them

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Nice whip mate !! I too have a soft spot for a Taffy White SE I lovingly refer to as Betty White.

Regarding the Inspire fog install, take a peak at my progress thread for all the info you'll need on that ... and you'll get LOTS of ideas of what you might like to do to your sedan.

Cheers - and best of luck.

·
I detail my car, a lot.
783 Posts
How hard is the installation? *(Referring to the Inspires)* I'm not super saavy with wiring and such and the switch and other wiring looked somewhat complex so I haven't bothered to get the fog lights as much as I want them
Not bad at all honestly, when I started I had NO idea what I was doing. But the awesome people here talked me into it and then helped me through it. There are tons of threads here and elsewhere as well as tons on video on installation. If you want the fog lights then go for it, we'll be glad to help you out.

·
Reverse Gear
999 Posts
Watch out for the K&N Air Filter. My 2007 is a 5MT and I think that the 5MT might be part of the problem (those of us who drive manual transmissions, routinely press the gas peddle all the way down in a high gear, which is something you cannot do in an auto, because the auto will downshift to a lower gear if you floor it), but the K&N Air Filter made my CEL come on. The CEL would be mostly off in the summer months, so you won't know right away if your car has the same problem or not. Besides the CEL, the K & N really boosted power for me, so much so, that I lived with the CEL for 1.5 years. It did not boost gas mileage, and I guess with CEL on, that would be expected. Luckily for me, my inspection sticker has a summer month expiration, and the CEL was generally off in the summer, so it passed with flying colors. Luckily, removing the K&N and putting the stock air filter back in, will allow the CEL to go off after some time by itself so I don't think it did any permanent damage. If you are interested, you can read this Thread to see me figure out that the CEL and K&N were connected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts