Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2014 Accord LX CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 2014 Accord LX last summer (as soon as I can get the website to accept a photo, I'll have an avatar), and after reading a few pages worth of topics and responses here, I'll share this much.

I got the windshield treatment when I bought the car, worth it or not, its nice and helps visibility quite a bit in the rain.

I have the CVT transmission that seemed laggy to me at first, then noticed a smoother ride in cooler weather, and now I have no issues with it. I think it took some getting used to.

The doors unlock at times on their own, but not all that often. I did see a thread here about that, so at least I'm not alone in thinking I'm going crazy, lol.

I'm not all that enthused about the sound system, but I'll be putting in an after market bass speaker soon. Only cost me $140 going down to the 20Hz (if I'm remembering that correctly).

I'm currently looking around for some seat covers with some padding, as the seats aren't all that comfortable to me, and there's a hump that hits my mid back at just the right spot to make it spaz up, so if anyone has a suggestion for cushy seat covers, please share!

Glad to be here :grin:

·
'14 Accord Sport CVT BRP2
19 Posts
I'm currently looking around for some seat covers with some padding, as the seats aren't all that comfortable to me, and there's a hump that hits my mid back at just the right spot to make it spaz up
Welcome! I'm pretty new myself.

I haven't heard about the windshield treatment. Does the water just form into drops and roll off?

Not sure if the bump you mean is the lumbar support. But you can adjust the lumbar support in your seat. It is located with all of the power seat buttons on the side of the seat.

I've had my car for a little over a year now and I have had no issues or lag with the CVT.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I got my 2014 Accord EX last summer (as soon as I can get the website to accept a photo, I'll have an avatar), and after reading a few pages worth of topics and responses here, I'll share this much.

I got the windshield treatment when I bought the car, worth it or not, its nice and helps visibility quite a bit in the rain.

I have the CVT transmission that seemed laggy to me at first, then noticed a smoother ride in cooler weather, and now I have no issues with it. I think it took some getting used to.

The doors unlock at times on their own, but not all that often. I did see a thread here about that, so at least I'm not alone in thinking I'm going crazy, lol.

I'm not all that enthused about the sound system, but I'll be putting in an after market bass speaker soon. Only cost me $140 going down to the 20Hz (if I'm remembering that correctly).

I'm currently looking around for some seat covers with some padding, as the seats aren't all that comfortable to me, and there's a hump that hits my mid back at just the right spot to make it spaz up, so if anyone has a suggestion for cushy seat covers, please share!

Glad to be here :grin:
Do you have the lumbar support adjustment feature? If so, messing with that might help your problem.

Edit: Doh, simultaneous post with Kevin90 above.

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
Welcome!!!

·
2014 Accord LX CVT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

And mine is the LX model, and there is no lumbar support adjustment that I've noticed.

·
'14 Accord Sport CVT BRP2
19 Posts
No your right the LX does not have this feature. I was thinking EX because it says EX in your original post. We need some LX drivers to comment because I'm not familiar with the seating in that car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've posted here before about this issue, but there is a known problem with the height adjustment on the LX. Mine is getting worse. Honda's solution is that I'm somehow hitting (a full pump down) when getting in or out of the car. Hmmmm.

So their solution is to adjust it to where I want it, remove the handle and see if goes down. If it does, then it's not me (which it obviously isn't to begin with) and then they'll trouble shoot.

Needless to say, that more than a few trips to the dealership which I don't have time for.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I've posted here before about this issue, but there is a known problem with the height adjustment on the LX.
A problem with your car does not make it a "known problem". That implies that it's common.

Mine is getting worse. Honda's solution is that I'm somehow hitting (a full pump down) when getting in or out of the car.
If the 9th-gen manual height adjustment and the placement of the lever are like those in my 7th-gen, that seems an unlikely explanation. I'm with you here.

So their solution is to adjust it to where I want it, remove the handle and see if goes down. If it does, then it's not me (which it obviously isn't to begin with) and then they'll trouble shoot.

Needless to say, that more than a few trips to the dealership which I don't have time for.
I'd do it. It's only two trips, one or both (the first at least) can be combined with an oil change. Then you'll get your problem fixed.

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah, I hear you on that. It's just so difficult to get to and from the dealer since it's quite the drive. I'm a teacher so my schedule isn't all that flexible where I can wait for it.

They didn't offer me that suggestion until I came to pick up my car from the last LOF. Instead they wanted me to return a 2nd time for them to simply remove the lever, then come back later the next week to check it.

The explanation of me lowering it by getting in and out of the car is ridiculous. I wonder how many people just keep adjusting it either not caring, or not realizing there's a problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts