Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I just bought my honda accord coupe. I have the 2008 EX-L V6 Coupe in silver. So far i've got 30% tints and thats it. lol. im thinking about getting my car lowered/HFP body kit. I need to know if the HFP suspension is worth it or not? or should i just the HFP body kit? Also does the TSX Rear Sway Bar lower the back of the car? Im also thinking about getting a CAI. which one is the best with great sound?

Thanks for the help!

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Try to do some searching, the HFP has been discussed numerous times, same thing goes for the intake. And a sway bar will not lower your vehicle, it will only stiffen it up to reduce body roll.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
If you want to "slam" your car, then HFP suspension is not for you. It only lowers the car 1". It's subtle. Performance wise, it's pretty good improvement over stock. I have it and I love it.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Search is your best friend. Use it.
With that said, HFP suspension will lower your car very minimally. As next_milenium said, if you want to slam the car, it's not for you. But if all you want is a more improved feel from the car's handling, then yes, it's great. Sway bars in general do not lower your car, they are there to reduce chassis flex under cornering. The stiffer the sway bar, the less your chassis will flex under cornering. Stiffer isn't always better. But the TSX swaybar does improve the handling characteristics of the 8th gens marginally. Something you will definitely feel, for such a low low price. Great mod IMO. Intakes won't increase performance FWIW, unless you do lots and lots of other supporting mods to push more HP from your car. So in terms of looks and sound, I heard Takeda might be the loudest, don't hold me against that though. Idk if Fujita makes one for our cars, but from what I've experienced, their intakes are really loud and give a nice growl.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K thanks for the help guys! Appreciate it!

·
Banned
3 Posts
If you want to "slam" your car, then HFP suspension is not for you. It only lowers the car 1". It's subtle. Performance wise, it's pretty good improvement over stock. I have it and I love it.
Then, what is the best suspension on its car? I also need to know it cause its also my problem...

·
Brake/Suspension Geek
115 Posts
^^ Best for what?

An adjustable height coilover will be the 'best' for high performance, but no one makes a great one for our car.
The Megan's can be made better, but (IMHO) it needs proper springs to replace the one-size-fits-all approach they took - Swift or any decent spring company can help.

Then you need to get the shock bodies dyno'd to match the dampening curves across all 4 bodies (please don't think the adjustment '#'s' mean anything useful for tuning) and after that you'd have to get the corner's weighted or you may end up actually hurting performance & making the handling dangerous.

Most people don't want to do that.

So the alternative is to buy an HFP set-up and get an impressive increase in performance without need to do the extra steps above.
Or, you can get a coilover setup and ignore the physics/logic above and think they're awesome regardless (a popular choice!) or be cognicant of the reality that you bought the coil-overs to 'slam' the car - and thats about all they're good for.

Everyone defines 'best' a different way - pick your most important criteria & go from there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yes, I'll second that motion!
I have the HFP suspension and the TSX 17mm sway bar. Those two options alone made a world of difference in the handling for my everyday use.
I also did the Magnaflow cat back exhaust and the K&N intake system.
I honestly couldn't say if these two options made any performance difference but paired together they sure sound good! In my opinion it makes the car more fun to drive when you have the right sound. To each his own.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts