Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Front Anti-roll Bar / Front Sway Bar / Front Stabilizer BarCode: UR-AR27-420Specification: 27mm Solid

Rear Strut Bar / Rear Tower BarCode: UR-RE2-2046Specification: 2 Points

URL: http://www.ultraracing.my/catalog/index.php?id_category=126&controller=category
=================

The second one is priced at $110 on the Bay, and the first one isn't for sale yet (it seems). I'd wait for pics to see how obnoxious the rear bar is. Wouldn't want a bar that stretches across the back windshield.

Now....the FSB. Seems it would dial in more understeer (my car already feels nervous in long sweepers at not-so-legal speeds), but at the same time, it would help make the car feel even more rail-like in straight lines, which is most of what I do anyways.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
OEM TL SH-AWD is 31mm & standard TL is 30mm and cheaper. But I know you like UR.

·
lol wut
436 Posts
I'm curious as to how you would install the rear strut bar since the access panels are too small to shove a strut bar through them lol. I'm assuming you have to unbolt the whole rear bulkhead for this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Tradition rear strut bars will go through the trunk not across the windshield.

·
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OEM TL SH-AWD is 31mm & standard TL is 30mm and cheaper. But I know you like UR.
Are those solid or hollow though? I suspect on torsional rigidity, a 27mm solid would be more rigid than a hollow 31 (depending on sidewall thickness). Plus, it seemed that those required drilling to install the end links (from the sticky DIY post), and I wouldn't install anything that I couldn't uninstall. Although with the FSB I think I'd have to pay someone to install it anyways, since I'm not ballsy enough to drop a subframe on my own.

Well it depends on where the strut towers are located in the car.. In which case the Accord is inside the rear bulkhead, directly behind the rear seats and not in the trunk.
My understanding with coilovers is that the access is from the interior near the rear shelf. I wouldn't install it unless it could be done without alerting every car and cop behind you that it's there.

·
lol wut
436 Posts
My understanding with coilovers is that the access is from the interior near the rear shelf. I wouldn't install it unless it could be done without alerting every car and cop behind you that it's there.
That would be correct, the access panels to the shock tower in the rear is inside of the rear shelf. If you flip your rear seats down there are two small square panels on either side. These access panels are just barely big enough for you to squeeze your hand through, which makes me wonder how you're supposed to get the bar to line up in there as well as tighten it down :dunno:

·
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for posting, actually got them both in a few weeks ago and haven't gotten them up on the site yet
Hardcore bumping this thing. Is there any pics of the RSTB installed? Looks like it's going to require raer passengers to have a metal bar running behind their necks.

·
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe
262 Posts
I emailed Ultra racing. They said it goes in between the two "towers" or opening behind* the rear seats. So may not be compatible with subs in your trunk, but she provided no pictures for me.

Edit: for obvious reasons, if you ever need to fit something big and fold your rear seats down to do so, this bar will block it, so if you want to DD with it, better bring a rachet.

·
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked at my car...I don't see how the rear seat can be locked into position if there's a metal bar coming off the strut towers. It could maybe happen if you removed the seat belt tensioners to buy enough clearance underneath the rear deck tray between the two towers...but that would be a bit extreme.

·
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe
262 Posts
Hey I think you're over thinking this. It would look like this image. Obviously not exact but similar. They said the seat would lock fine as it is somehow mounted behind it. Idk. I haven't gotten it because I have a zenclosure subwoofer box that may pose to be in the way.

·
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's not possible on the sedan at least. Let me take a pic...brb...ok I'm back.

There's no access to the strut top from the trunk. You have to fold the seat down to get at the access panel (circled in red). You could *maybe* fit a bar under the rear deck but it would run into the seat belt tensioner for the middle seat (circled in yellow). I didn't get a great look at what else is up under the deck that could get in the way:

I don't know how the coupe looks on the inside, but UR doesn't make any mention on their site of coupe-only.

·
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe
262 Posts
It doesn't go that high. It goes in the gray carpet area about have the height up. It does not* connect to the struts themselves like the front strut bar.

Its purpose is to brace lower vs higher. Stock they raise the rear deck which also has the purpose of being a rear strut bar in itself, so that people who want to fold their seats down and pack stuff in the space can.

For performance, you want that area to be as tight as possible and not flex from corner to corner.

The part will work in both sedan and coupes fine.

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Hardcore bumping this thing. Is there any pics of the RSTB installed? Looks like it's going to require raer passengers to have a metal bar running behind their necks.
I can reach out to some customers, we've sold about 20 of these since their release but haven't seen anyone post an installed pic. I'll also try to get a pic for you today but yes can confirm this goes between the opening when folding the seats down.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,332 Posts
Just got the Front sway bar delivered and will be getting that installed along with new clutch, flywheel, sway bar bushings, clutch slave, clutch master cylinder.

I will say the bar is quality and looks to be a beast.

Very excited to see how much of a difference it makes

·
8th Gen Believer
4,227 Posts
I can tell you definitively it makes a HUGE difference. My FSB is 22 solid, the rear 22 hollow. The struts are Koni FSDs. I've had that rig on the car for 48k miles and it's amazing! I think 26 or 27 is overkill.

·
Yea I modded my car again
1,332 Posts
ahh but I do have the big Progress solid 22mm (adjustable) rsb on the rear.

THE INSANE part is the rsb was almost 3 times cheaper than the front. Not to mention the install is way harder on the front. I did the rsb then the fsb on my previous acura cls and the front sway bar just changed the entire car. It's worth it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts