Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Accord since 2014 and I really enjoy the car. Over the past weekend I did a complete brake change and upgrade to powder coated calipers and drilled, slotted rotors. I think it turned out fairly well. As promised some quick pics.

Here it is a few weeks ago after I had it detailed.

Rear calipers and rotors installed:

Front calipers and rotors installed:

And the completed job pics:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have had my Accord since 2014 and I really enjoy the car. Over the past weekend I did a complete brake change and upgrade to powder coated calipers and drilled, slotted rotors. I think it turned out fairly well. As promised some quick pics.

Rear calipers and rotors installed:

Front calipers and rotors installed:
Are they factory calibers that are powered coated?

Looks nice

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the factory calipers, no big brake calipers.... I found a good deal on Amazon for the complete kit with everything. I think they do stop the car better with the upgraded rotors though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
They are the factory calipers, no big brake calipers.... I found a good deal on Amazon for the complete kit with everything. I think they do stop the car better with the upgraded rotors though.
Alright thanks for the info. I wanted to swap my front calipers with the genesis front brembo but from what I have read I can't change the rears because if the hand brake.

·
Past Doritos Spinner
4,053 Posts
Looks good. Can't stop thinking of mine every time I see one of these.

Auto or 6-speed?

Alright thanks for the info. I wanted to swap my front calipers with the genesis front brembo but from what I have read I can't change the rears because if the hand brake.
Most big brake kits are front brakes only. Front brakes do most of the work anyway, regardless of the drivetrain.

Honestly, though, big brakes are overkill if your car is daily driven. If you want to improve your braking, start investing in some good semi-metallic pads. OEM ones are ceramic; they have a long life, but not as good as semi-metallic pads in stopping power. And more importantly, good tires will also do wonders to reducing braking distance.

Engineering Explained - Why You Should Never Buy Cheap Tires

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks good. Can't stop thinking of mine every time I see one of these.

Auto or 6-speed?

Most big brake kits are front brakes only. Front brakes do most of the work anyway, regardless of the drivetrain.

Honestly, though, big brakes are overkill if your car is daily driven. If you want to improve your braking, start investing in some good semi-metallic pads. OEM ones are ceramic; they have a long life, but not as good as semi-metallic pads in stopping power. And more importantly, good tires will also do wonders to reducing braking distance.

Engineering Explained - Why You Should Never Buy Cheap Tires
Ya I've read other members saying the same thing. I really just want them for the look but I think it would look weird with big brakes in the front and small in the rear. I could be wrong though.

·
Past Doritos Spinner
4,053 Posts
Ya I've read other members saying the same thing. I really just want them for the look but I think it would look weird with big brakes in the front and small in the rear. I could be wrong though.
Depending on how big the brakes are, you may also need bigger rims just so you can clear the brakes.

Again, no real benefit for cars that are street driven. I think the bigger brakes look cool on sports cars, but for an Accord Coupe, not necessarily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts