Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
Nah.

Yes, only a boring American left turn competition has ever needed wider wheels. Your argument is so determinate and infallible that my mind was utterly sundered by it's unbridled truth. I submit myself to your utter contempt of anyone else's opinion and will immediately throw out my wider wheels and recommend that the OP do the same lest he also be branded as an apostate in your kingdom of pizza cutter wheels.
Re: "Nah": Sorry, Quote & reply are effed up on this tablet, smh... I quoted myself by mistake!

But 60-70 series tires on 15-16" rims are hardly "pizza cutter". Ever seen the 75-80 series tires on a 1975 Pinto? lol!

·
Registered
2021 Sport 2.0 Sonic Gray
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'll do whatever my little heart desires to make me smile when I open the door to my garage and see my new car on nice new aftermarket wheels. Does Honda make a nice wheel for the 2021 Sport? Yes, it's pretty freakin' nice. Do I want to keep them? Nope, I do not, because I'm a grown man with likes & dislikes.

If you like the factory wheels so much, I'd like for you, "The_K_Man" to have 1st dibs on buying my OEM wheels when I get my aftermarket wheels. I'll even pay shipping... That way, you can love them more than me.
Pepperoni w/ Extra Cheese.

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
I'll do whatever my little heart desires to make me smile when I open the door
to my garage and see my new car on nice new aftermarket wheels. Does Honda
make a nice wheel for the 2021 Sport? Yes, it's pretty freakin' nice. Do I want
to keep them? Nope, I do not, because I'm a grown man with likes & dislikes.

If you like the factory wheels so much, I'd like for you, "The_K_Man" to have 1st
dibs on buying my OEM wheels when I get my aftermarket wheels. I'll even pay
shipping... That way, you can love them more than me.
Pepperoni w/ Extra Cheese.

Do cars travel sideways?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do cars travel sideways?
What?

Man, It's hard to read people's intentions over text, but it seems to me that you're kinda butthurt that others are "car people" that enjoy add-ons, performance and visually appealing things on their vehicles.

I'm curious to know why you even felt the need to add your 2 cents in to this thread to begin with? Are you trying to elevate your troll status, are you lonely and need people to talk to, or do you legitimately hate your life so much that you feel the need to knock others? I'm trying to understand your situation here, because nothing from you adds up.

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
What?

Man, It's hard to read people's intentions over text, but it
seems to me that you're kinda butthurt that others are "car
people" that enjoy add-ons, performance and visually
appealing things on their vehicles.

I'm curious to know why you even felt the need to add your
2 cents in to this thread to begin with? Are you trying to
elevate your troll status, are you lonely and need people to
talk to, or do you legitimately hate your life so much that you
feel the need to knock others? I'm trying to understand your
situation here, because nothing from you adds up.
Purely scientific. Wide wheels create a lateral contact patch perpendicular to the car's direction of travel, which doesn't make sense. Narrower tires/wheels contact patch is longitudinal, parallel to the direction of travel, which makes more sense to me.

·
More cars, more problems
149 Posts
Purely scientific.
So, by your reductionist argument, having one dimensional wheels would be optimal? I think finding non-Euclidean wheels will prove difficult in this dimension.

I'm trying to understand your situation here, because nothing from you adds up.
He sees you rollin', he hatin'.

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
So, by your reductionist argument, having one dimensional wheels would
be optimal? I think finding non-Euclidean wheels will prove difficult in this
dimension.

He sees you rollin', he hatin'.
1. Yes! Narrower wheels keep you goin' straight, and straighten out faster from turns.

2. I'm not "hatin"! Nothing to be jealous about when it comes to wide, twitchy, hair-trigger steer tires.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I see your mini skateboard and raise you 4 spare donuts!

Im just waiting to see the day i run across a corvette on some 175's LOL...

Reactions: Samuelx

·
Registered
42 Posts
Based on my experience driving my 2010 EX, I think Honda knew what they were doing when they put the size of wheels & tires they did on that trim level.

And I would never change my wheels based on how they "look". I'm all about function.
In fact, I would probably prefer narrower, higher profile Honda stock 60-series tires and wheels from the LX on my EX - track straighter than lower-profile tires anyway.

My days of going 45 in a 25 are long over. Nor do I feel compelled, for that matter, never, have I felt compelled to take a sharp turn at speeds that would transfer my front passenger into my lap, or vice versa..!
Bro are you kidding? Wider tires = speeding.

2010 honda experience = relevant comment to 10th gen thread... obviously

To NASCAR, IRL? Absolutely!
Lol wut!?
Purely scientific. Wide wheels create a lateral contact patch perpendicular to the car's direction of travel, which doesn't make sense. Narrower tires/wheels contact patch is longitudinal, parallel to the direction of travel, which makes more sense to me.
I'm trying not to swear..... Have you ever taken a physics class? Forgot how cars work.. your comment makes no sense literally at all.

1. Yes! Narrower wheels keep you goin' straight, and straighten out faster from turns.

2. I'm not "hatin"! Nothing to be jealous about when it comes to wide, twitchy, hair-trigger steer tires.
Dude. At this point it's clear you've never seen a race car.

To go fast out if corners you would want the narrowest wheels possible by your logic.

Also by your logic, formula 1 would be full of Amish horse and buggy, they would dominate with their narrow wagon wheels.

Reactions: grumpypolecat

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Bro are you kidding? Wider tires = speeding.

2010 honda experience = relevant comment to 10th gen thread... obviously

Lol wut!?

I'm trying not to swear..... Have you ever taken a physics class? Forgot how cars work.. your comment makes no sense literally at all.

Dude. At this point it's clear you've never seen a race car.

To go fast out if corners you would want the narrowest wheels possible by your logic.

Also by your logic, formula 1 would be full of Amish horse and buggy, they would dominate with their narrow wagon wheels.
I wish there was a laugh emoji in this thread, cause you sir made me lol.

It’s weird how people’s minds work sometimes huh.

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
I wish there was a laugh emoji in this thread,
cause you sir made me lol.

It’s weird how people’s minds work sometimes
huh.
I actually feel safer in a car with higher-profile, not so wide tires. What's wrong with that? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Like I said: Low-profile, super wide rubber has a place - it's called a race track(oval, road course, etc)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I actually feel safer in a car with higher-profile, not so wide tires. What's wrong with that? I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Like I said: Low-profile, super wide rubber has a place - it's called a race track(oval, road course, etc)
I’m not trying to degrade you bro. Everyone has their own preference. Your personal science and reasoning is what I don’t agree with, and thats cool too. Keep your widewall narrow tires and I’ll take my wider better looking wheels. You don’t have to ride with me.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,286 Posts
All this bs is so unnecessary. The OP likes what he likes. It's HIS car, duh. If YOU don't like what he likes, go somewhere else.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've seen it on other forums if someone wants a little project but having a thread that is an on-going list of common wheel upgrades for the Accord (each setup has multiple photos, all the specs, and price paid) would probably help new owners.

·
Registered
335 Posts
All of it. He does not agree with any part of what you are saying, Are you really trying to keep a dead conversation going? Your input was stated, we all heard you, most dont agree or care what you as an individual think in accordance to this particular post. Let it go K_Man,

Reactions: grumpypolecat

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
All of it. He does not agree with any part of what you are saying,
Are you really trying to keep a dead conversation going? Your
input was stated, we all heard you, most dont agree or care what
you as an individual think in accordance to this particular post. Let
it go K_Man,
That a narrower tire tracks straighter, and centers back from a turn quicker than a wide one? That's just common sense.

·
Registered
897 Posts
That a narrower tire tracks straighter, and centers back from a turn quicker than a wide one? That's just common sense.
Pack it in man. You are wrong. It is obvious you have never spent a minute around a racetrack or a racecar. Talk to any racer and they will tell you they want to fit the widest tire possible when considering the following: 1) how much tire can physically fit 2) does the engine make enough power to turn said wheels 3) what are the rules of their race class. Contact patch is king when it comes to racing.

No one in the history of racing has said they want skinnier tires. Except maybe salt flat racers looking to set a land speed record as they are looking for the least rolling resistance possible.

·
2010 2.4EX
230 Posts
Pack it in man. You are wrong. It is obvious you have never spent a minute
around a racetrack or a racecar. Talk to any racer and they will tell you they
want to fit the widest tire possible when considering the following: 1) how
much tire can physically fit 2) does the engine make enough power to turn
said wheels 3) what are the rules of their race class. Contact patch is king
when it comes to racing.

No one in the history of racing has said they want skinnier tires. Except
maybe salt flat racers looking to set a land speed record as they are
looking for the least rolling resistance possible.
But the context of my argument is not racing! I agree with what you said above, as it applies to competition driving.

I'm referring to the needs of average drivers, going to work daily, church on weekends, childrens' play dates and sports, and on such vacations where it makes more sense to drive than to fly.

In those instances, relatively narrow 60-70-series mid-profile tires are more than adequate. Where daily top speeds barely match pace-lap speeds in the competition sector.

Lower profiles(55-series and under) steer too lightly for my preferences. I feel like I'm behind the wheel of a '69 Chrysler, with over-boosted power steering, in a current car with 45-50 series wheel packages, lol! I can steer a 2020 Malibu with just one fingertip. That doesn't inspire me as 'secure handling'.

I need some heft, some weight, when I turn the wheel off-center. And that is what I feel on cars with so-called "skinny" wheels.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts