Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

We just had a new windshield installed in my fiancee's 2005 Accord LX sedan. There is a clear square in the factory tint almost directly next to the mirror mount. It's about 2x2".

What is this for? I don't remember seeing it in the original glass, but I wasn't ever really looking for it.

Thanks

Chris

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,285 Posts
Do the higher trim levels come with the power rear-view mirrors so many cars have ?

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Hi,

We just had a new windshield installed in my fiancee's 2005 Accord LX sedan. There is a clear square in the factory tint almost directly next to the mirror mount. It's about 2x2".
Sounds like a great place to mount a dash cam and have just the lens looking through, with the body hidden. You should be glad for it.

·
Premium Member
3,742 Posts
I think it's for the automatic day/night mirror sensor. There's one on both the front of the mirror and the back. It dims the mirror by comparing ambient light levels between the two. If the front one is blocked somehow (as it would be with dots on the windshield) then it is less effective.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
What brand windshield did you get? Is it OEM? Put a pic of that clear spot up.
im curious too...never had to deal with a broken front windshield ever before until the Accord.

chalking it up to its a 12 yr. old vehicle

what glass brand did you get? i hear Pilkington makes good stuff

did you get it with at least a 1 year warranty?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts