Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just getting my first Accord so I figured I'd join. Not new to Honda's.. I've had 9 now (including the Accord), my other cars currently are a 1990 Prelude, and a swapped/boosted 99 Civic.

Anyways, the accord is a 2007, V6, 6 Speed. Currently just over 23000KM (14290 miles) on the clock. One previous owner, mint condition. 22 months warranty left including the Honda certified extension woo! If all goes as planned my Pathfinder will be selling tomorrow, and I'll be insuring the Accord Monday!

Only one small crappy cell pic till later :( it's dirty from it's transit ride to me.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
Nice find! You will likely find the V6 Coupe feels like a boat around corners, Acura TL-S front and rear sway bars and a good set of tires will tighten up the suspension nicely, these are IMHO the two weak spots of the Accord Coupe as they come from the factory.

You may also encounter the dreaded 3rd-gear pop-out issue, it's up to you if you want to pursue getting Honda to tear your transmission open to swap out the 3rd-gear synchro set, or do many others have done by changing the fluid to GM Friction Modified Synchromesh fluid, it has worked like wonders for me over the last 3 years.

Welcome to DA!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find! You will likely find the V6 Coupe feels like a boat around corners, Acura TL-S front and rear sway bars and a good set of tires will tighten up the suspension nicely, these are IMHO the two weak spots of the Accord Coupe as they come from the factory.

You may also encounter the dreaded 3rd-gear pop-out issue, it's up to you if you want to pursue getting Honda to tear your transmission open to swap out the 3rd-gear synchro set, or do many others have done by changing the fluid to GM Friction Modified Synchromesh fluid, it has worked like wonders for me over the last 3 years.

Welcome to DA!
Thanks! Next summer I may look into a few simple things like that for it. Unfortunately nothing major until I pay it off haha.

I'm aware of the 3rd gear issue, haven't looked into if it's been done on mine yet (low KM but I work at Honda and we had a civic SI with 9000km that had to have it done...) I'll most likely just get it warrantied when it happens (22 months for it to break lol)

·
Coldspeed
1,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Looks like you've got some experience under your belt in Hondas, look forward to seeing you build your car up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts