Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
New to the forum and the 7th gen. I was wondering which manufacturer would you guys recommend for quality aftermarket headlights? I wanted to replace my stock boring lights and wondered if anyone had recommendations?
Thanks!

·
03 Accord coupe Ex 2.4L
428 Posts
Hey, welcome to DA.net and congratz on the new ride and first post.... Now lets work on a second post with some pics :D

Are you positively sure you want to do this??? I wasn't, is the reason I ask. And wasted money on two sets of head lights just to find myself doing a RETRO instead. (Well only one set really) You can get pretty much ev thing you need to do it for the same price as an aftermarket swap. Not to forget they look better and You can say "I DID THAT!" or you can find someone to do em for ya.

No matter if you black em out, leave chrome, or light up the streets with halos and leds throughout em, hard to say what it would look like/ look best w/o PICS!!:biggrin:

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
If you just want black housed headlights, buy Depo brand (or paint your yourself). If you're wanting HID/Xenon, projectors, or halos - Do a retrofit! :)

Many people that have bought the $250-300 ones off ebay say the halos burn out quickly; the housings melt, and other assorted issues. Lost of people start with these, and then swap for retrofits, but the eBay bought stuff has a very low resale value, so you end up basically paying double when it's said and done. Starting with a better investment in the beginning will net you happier results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I appreciate the replies. I've got a "cool blue metallic" coupe, going to put in some more time for research to try and get that look that complements the color of the car. Thanks again.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Post some pics, bud :) -- Whatever you got. I love that color.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts