Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!
New user here, both forums and honda ex-l v6 2013 accord.

Question is about the remote control fob dongle thing

the 3rd button is the trunk opener. cool.
my question is- does it just remotely unlock it or is the trunk supposed to actually pop open fully by itself?

im very curious since it has the unlocking feature just by having the key fobin ur pocket, so whats the point of just unlocking and having to use ur hand to actually open it, when u could just unlock/open it by touching it anyway? i hope im explaining things well enough haha

basically- if i press the button, should the trunk just unlock and kinda open (less than an inch) or should it swing completely open just by pressing remote (which would be hella dope and actually practical- if i have to use my hand to open it whats the point of the remote unlock?)

cheers and thanks!!

PS: adding a 2nd question, im sure i wont mind piggy-backing on my thread :D

when i release the gas pedal, the car decelerates (cool, normal things) however when it goes from 50 down to 40 and 30 to 20, there is like a jerky motion. not a violent jerk, but i feel the car slowing down more- for reference, when i drive a manual car, it is as if im using the gearbox to slow myself down instead of the break pedal. it feels.... as if the car is not well-oiled or something (ridiculous allusion i know but not really a car guy). just wanted to make sure if thats normal or if i should drive it back to the dealers and have it serviced

OOOH and 3rd question- i bought the car a few days ago, they told me i have a full tank of gas and thats it. got the extended warranty (honda certified already) so the whole thing should be fully in warranty- should i actually bring it in for a service or is the car totally ready to go when driven off the lot? oil changes/break pad checking/ tire rotation, etc. i get that it could be dealer specific, thats fine, just general question/ curiosity

· Registered
362 Posts
I don't have the V6, but I'm think they act the same. The trunk only unlocks, and does not open all the way. I guess the only advantage would be if you are standing away from your car, and want someone else to put something in the trunk, you can open it with the fob for them to get access.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome thanks for your responses guys!

yeah i just wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong witht he car itself- if thats normal behavior ill just get used to it im sure. and i wanted to double check about the trunk haha just making sure i didnt get taken for a ride at the dealership! thanks again!

· 8th Gen Believer
5,665 Posts
When you slow the car, the tranny automatically downshifts.

· Registered
512 Posts
1) Trunk will unlock and dislodge but won't pop open all the way.

2) The transmission, VCM, etc. all work together to keep gas mileage up. When in "D" mode some people report the transmission feeling "clunky" what's happening is the car is constantly trying to keep the gearing in its most fuel efficient setting given all variables. To remedy this, put the car in "S" mode since it will hold the gears longer.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh snap! I was told by the car salesman that if i put it on S it would only shift up to 3rd gear (which idk how since its CVT but anyway)- basically he told me its like driving 50mph on 3rd gear in a manual car (i.e. id kill it). i dont particularly care about MPH- im still pooping on the environment and i dont care if i go 30 times to the gas station or 35.... ill pay the earth back when i upgrade to a tesla (lol)...

so ure saying that Sport mode wont do that?

· Registered
2,172 Posts
oh snap! I was told by the car salesman that if i put it on S it would only shift up to 3rd gear (which idk how since its CVT but anyway)- basically he told me its like driving 50mph on 3rd gear in a manual car (i.e. id kill it). i dont particularly care about MPH- im still pooping on the environment and i dont care if i go 30 times to the gas station or 35.... ill pay the earth back when i upgrade to a tesla (lol)...

If you need any more evidence that salesmen make shirt up all the time, this is it. Back in the day, a friend of mine went with his dad to get a 1968 Pontiac GTO, and his dad asked the salesman (just for fun, his dad was great), 'what does GTO stand for?' The salesman said 'Gas, Tires, and Oil.'

· Driver
42 Posts

You have a 6 speed automatic. Only the 4 cylinder autos are mated to the CVT tranny. :grin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.