Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
So I just purchase a brand new 2015 Accord Coupe V6 no navi, I previously owned a Lexus IS350. I wanted to see what kind of stuff I can do to the car that won't void warranty.

Some Concerns: The Lexus pushed 306HP and the Accord Coupe V6 pushes 278, is there anything I can do to get close to what I had before? And I miss rear wheel drive :( Finally the sound system is clear and sounds great, but lacks bass any ideas on how to fix this without adding after market sub. And the sound setting have been configured.

Also I would appreciate any tips on cleaning, or maintaining. Along with tips on any hidden features the car may have.

Plans: HID headlights, LED fogs, Intake (Not sure which is best for this car), Interior LEDs.

Thank you all for your comments and please tell me anything else you guys would recommend!

·
Yo Yo Ma
416 Posts
Hello Everyone,
So I just purchase a brand new 2015 Accord Coupe V6 no navi, I previously owned a Lexus IS350. I wanted to see what kind of stuff I can do to the car that won't void warranty.

Some Concerns: The Lexus pushed 306HP and the Accord Coupe V6 pushes 278, is there anything I can do to get close to what I had before? And I miss rear wheel drive :( Finally the sound system is clear and sounds great, but lacks bass any ideas on how to fix this without adding after market sub. And the sound setting have been configured.

Also I would appreciate any tips on cleaning, or maintaining. Along with tips on any hidden features the car may have.

Plans: HID headlights, LED fogs, Intake (Not sure which is best for this car), Interior LEDs.

Thank you all for your comments and please tell me anything else you guys would recommend!
Welcome to the forum!

Not really anything you can do to upgrade the HP without voiding the warranty so you would have to hold off on that for the time being. After its expired you could go with the Takeda intake, the RV6 Downpipe, and a catback with Borla, Magnaflow or Takeda, not sure which would be the best to improve HP but I am sure people have done reviews on these.

I am not a sound system guy but the Audio, Electronics & Lighting section has a lot of info on upgrades.

As far as cleaning/maintaing purchase the Husky or Weather Tech custom fit liners for your car right away. Both have great reviews and help keep the car carpet clean, I have the Husky bough from Amazon here is the link.

Interior go with exLED.
Exterior I would say go with LED's instead of HID's because of reliability and the way they are made now the longevity has increased.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,458 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Is the Accord actually slower or less-quick than the Lexus? I know people can cite HP numbers but just curious.

I'm sure you'll get other responses from people who spend lots of time and money and then claim they've added HP based on their butt-dynos. I'm not one of those. The V6 stock is plenty fast for my needs.

Search the lighting forum re: HIDs. I did it on mine but then one of the ballasts died after only 6 mos, so I then did the H9 bulb swap and like it a lot. You'll see that HIDs aren't meant to go in the reflectors, so you get a blob of light right in front of the car. An H9 bulb is optically the same as the stock bulb but puts out something like 70% more lumens. It is bright. It is not quite as "white" and certainly not ricer blue like some of the HIDs, if that is what you want. But the brightness does make it seem whiter than stock.

I bought some cheap 194 LED bulbs on Ebay and they work well. Others will tell you that you need to spend $10 a bulb at ExLEDS or whatever. I've always had good luck with Ebay versions for a buck or two (sometimes you can get a 5 pack or 10 pack and it is like 75 cents a bulb) and they seem to work just fine.

Aries 3D or Maxpider (same thing) for floor mats. Look wayyyyy better than Weathertech or Husky.

·
about tree fiddy
52 Posts
I also owned an IS350 before my accord and it was faster but not by much. They put down 5-10 whp more than the 6-6 accord. With some bolt-ons and tuning, the accord would probably be faster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for all of the great advice! So are there any ECU flashes? Cause Lexus has their stuff locked down so nothing exisited. If so what do they do I'm not very familiar with ECU flashes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts