Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to this forum. I have been observing the forum for several months and am impressed with the dedication and knowlege that is shared here.
I'm probably a little different from the average forum member as I'm 65 years old and retired. Vietnam Vet with some disabilities.
However, I've been a gearhead for most of my years having been involved in hotrodding and muscle cars. I bought a 2010 V6 Coupe because I feel it is a great car for the money and fun to play around with different add ons. Plus I can drive it anywhere and not worry as long as I have stock wheels.
So far I have installed the Magnaflow Cat Back exhaust and the K&N Typhoon Intake System. I want to get some better handling but am undecided if I want to install the HFP suspension because of the pot holes, dips and pretty bad road condition in Northern NJ and NYC. I am impressed with the Progressive 22mm sway bar and would appreciate feedback if that alone would make a difference. I feel the TSX 18mm ( I think 18mm,maybe 19mm?) is not that much of an upgrade to make a noticeable difference. I'm not trying to create a rock solid, teeth jarring ride.
Also if any of you members in NJ need and extra hand for an install,let me know.I'm no way an "A" tech but would be glad to assist if needed.
Thank you and I look forward to your advice.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Welcome fellow veteran. If you really want to tighten up your suspension, I would recommend a chassis kit from Ultra Racing. I have the 22mm Progress swaybar myself and I'm satisfied with it but would be more happy with the other tightening pieces. I would say coilovers would be the way to go since you can adjust the dampening to however you want it. HFP isn't bad but no dampening adjustments.

If you have the budget I would go with this 7pc kit that includes the 22mm RSB:

http://throwdownperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=219_1_2_4_225&products_id=306

Or just buy the pieces separately since I think the 2 side bars are used for racing.

With coilovers, you don't have to necessarily have to slam it to the ground, but you can adjust it to the perfect height that suits your tastes and practicality.

·
Luv My Honda
89 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reply to DanielC409

Thanks DanielC409.
My initial goal was to stiffen it up without having to change the coil overs.
Now I realize with the right coil overs and the other suspension parts I'd be a happier camper.
I don't want more than a 1" drop and that's why I was looking at the HFP units. I don't see wanting to play around with the height. Plus the HFP's seem to be the most reasonably priced???

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
HFP price vs coils is maybe 100-200 bucks. HFP is not bad for the price really if you don't plan on messing with dampers and height, but most people eventually want to go lower.

500ish I guess for HFP and 600+ for coils.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I'd be happy with the 1" drop and a little more firmness in the ride.
With the 22mm Progress bar and maybe a stiffer strut tower bar it all might work.
I'm not going to autocross it. I want to drive it aggressively every day.
I apprecite your comments.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS: I can get the HFP for just about $600 from a Honda store.
That seems fair to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts