Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
7th Gear
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a CAI, Cat-back exhaust, and a DC header(header should be here Thursday).

I would like opinions of the next mod that I should get.

1. Magnaflow High flow cat $130

2. UR Underdrive Pulleys $270. Does anyone have these, and know if they underpower the alternator, and a/c too much? Also, can the crank pulley be removed without air tools?

3. Exedy Light weight flywheel $270. Not a possible DIY install is it?

Thanks for the advice in advance.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I guess the real question is what are you trying to do to your car?

So how much have you spent so far? Custom this and custom that yet you cheap out with spring clamps 'cause you can't find $2k for coilovers? You could buy some springs and do it right. You don't need $2k coilovers.

·
7th Gear
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, my problem with buying lowering springs was that, I had no way of knowing how much drop I would get. Which, could cause an issue since my wheels are 8 inches wide, and for them to go inside the wheel well, I would need to roll my fenders. Also, I do not have the tools to replace the full springs. With spring clamps, the only way to know the difference would be if I told you, or if you ducked down and stuck your head 10 inches from the wheel well. My objective was to eliminate the excessive wheel gap.

As for what I'm going for, I purchased the car, not realizing how slow it is. I realize I should have bought a lighter "sportier" car, if I want a car for performance. But, while I'm stuck with the car, and I love it. It's drawback is performance. So, I'm looking to make it perform a bit better. My question is, out of the 3 mods listed, which would be the most efficient in the perspective of gains and cost.

·
Red Devils
117 Posts
pulley you can find for proly 210shipped and that was 1 of the best mods for me. Another good mod was the j pipe but I dont know what they do for 4 cylinder engines since I have a v6. Since u pondering getting 2k coilovers u might as well just turbo or supercharge ur car. LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
dude you got some good mods ... i want that flywheel too you have to change clutch with the flywheel ... oem clutch doesnt match ... let me know how good the dc header are and to lower the car for sure go with coilovers with damper kit its adjustable and it has very low rebound and bounce

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
if u are going for performance, i'm assuming you're trying to finish with your performance bolt-ons.

there's
TSX intake manifold
Ingalls Stiffy Torque Damper
Underdrive pulleys

To answer your question on the underdrive pulleys, they should be fine. I'm assuming they are Unorthodox Racing. If so, you should not worry. There's someone on elitecm.net that is running one of the sickest sound systems and he has the underdrive pulleys. he hasn't had any issues whatsoever so go for it.

·
7th Gear
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses guys. I've decided to go with the underdrive pulleys next. As for coilovers, I definately want coilovers, but it will be a while before I get them. I will probably buy some lighter rims, that aren't as wide first.

·
Registered
175 Posts
^ +1

Check out the TSX IM, supposed to be the best breathing mod you can do with this motor.

·
out of control
1,611 Posts
dont forget that underdrive pulleys dont go quite hand and hand with large stereo systems.
I already went over that. Timot_one from elitecm.net is supposedly running one of the sickest stereo systems and he's claimed no problems in the 2 years he's had his UNDERDRIVE pulleys.

I also believe they don't underdrive the pulleys enough to be too small to really effect the performance of electrical components. If anything it's minor.

·
Registered
487 Posts
So, my problem with buying lowering springs was that, I had no way of knowing how much drop I would get. Which, could cause an issue since my wheels are 8 inches wide, and for them to go inside the wheel well, I would need to roll my fenders. Also, I do not have the tools to replace the full springs. With spring clamps, the only way to know the difference would be if I told you, or if you ducked down and stuck your head 10 inches from the wheel well. My objective was to eliminate the excessive wheel gap.

As for what I'm going for, I purchased the car, not realizing how slow it is. I realize I should have bought a lighter "sportier" car, if I want a car for performance. But, while I'm stuck with the car, and I love it. It's drawback is performance. So, I'm looking to make it perform a bit better. My question is, out of the 3 mods listed, which would be the most efficient in the perspective of gains and cost.
Hey, thanks for the good reply. Looks like some of these other folks will help you better on the performance. I wanted more performance too and opted for the 6-speed sedan when it was time to replace my 4cyl Accord. Don't think of being "stuck" with the car, it's a great car and look at all the fun your having modding it!

Do you have any pics from the side? I'd like to see your drop with your wheels.

thanks.

·
7th Gear
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Regarding the TSX intake manifold, does anyone know if the CAI will still fit or will I need to do some modifications? The heat shield around it is a tight fit, and if the intake itself moves in any direction I would need to adjust the heat shield accordingly. Does anyone know if this would cause an issue?

As for underpowering the alternator, I'm no expert, but I don't think my system causes that huge of a strain considering I have a 2 farad cap. Also, it's rare that I use my system at high volume. It won't consistently be pushing the 600 RMS that it is capable of.

Pics of wheel gap from stock to spring clamps

Before:

After:

Sorry for the phone pics. I need to take some new pics, but someone has my camera.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Those wheels look great! I wasn't sure if I liked the black wheels, but they look great on your car especially with the job your clamps are doing on the wheel gap.

I really want to get rid of the over-done "star" wheels and go to a mesh style. I just haven't found any I cared for.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread. Hope you got your performance stuff figured out. Best thing is to drop some weight. Oh - the car not you. Remove the spare, take out the back seat, strip the carpet and insulation (oh wait Honda, may not save much there), and all other non essentials. Now it's a go-kart, maybe that won't help. lol.

·
2005 Honda Accord Coupe
175 Posts
Regarding the TSX intake manifold, does anyone know if the CAI will still fit or will I need to do some modifications? The heat shield around it is a tight fit, and if the intake itself moves in any direction I would need to adjust the heat shield accordingly. Does anyone know if this would cause an issue?

As for underpowering the alternator, I'm no expert, but I don't think my system causes that huge of a strain considering I have a 2 farad cap. Also, it's rare that I use my system at high volume. It won't consistently be pushing the 600 RMS that it is capable of.

Pics of wheel gap from stock to spring clamps

Before:

After:

Sorry for the phone pics. I need to take some new pics, but someone has my camera.
Are you hiding back there?lol:lmao:

·
7th Gear
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 16 of 16 Posts