Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to this forum and really new to actually doing things to cars. Love cars and watch a ton videos without actually taking in information. With that being said, I have an 06 3.0 Auto Accord and I'm looking for a cheap exhaust that's gotta nice idle and a little louder rev but nothing over the top. I'd love to hear suggestions because its hard to tell if an exhausts sounds good from a video taken in 2009 with someone's iPod. Sorry for asking something that's probably been asked a hundred times. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
welcome!

you should start with Intake, its cheaper and will give a slightly deeper engine tone

then, exhaust system

to make this as easy as possible, you can go extremely loud (straight pipes no muffler) to keep OEM cats, keep oem system but just replace the mufflers, to something in the middle like mine depending on how much "louder" you want it

i agree with you its hard to gauge an exhaust tone from a video but if you don't want something over the top but just a little louder during high rpms, most aftermarket pre-made systems will accomplish that

you can also consider that a muffler with a removable silencer will dramatically lower the tone for everyday driving, and for spirited runs, just remove that screw holding in the silencer and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
12,681 Posts
Love cars and watch a ton videos without actually taking in information.

I'd love to hear suggestions because its hard to tell if an exhausts sounds good from a video taken in 2009 with someone's iPod. Sorry for asking something that's probably been asked a hundred times. Thanks!
LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts