Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just notice that I get no airflow in the cabin at all. I checked the cabin air filter and it's not clogged. Could it be the radiator fans? What could it be? This is the first time it happens to me. It's a 2007 accord manual 154K.

Thanks in advance.
Peter

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the inputs guys.

I took my car to a local shop and they said it was the a/c fan resistor, it looks like a connector. They want $135 OTD. Does this sound right to you guys? I'm going to take it to another shop tomorrow morning and see what their opinion is.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
It is easy to replace and you could do it yourself.

The Honda part# is 79330-SDR-A01 and is $60 online. You can an aftermarket part for $27 and up and purchase them at most parts stores or online.

The price they are quoting seems reasonable, but do it yourself.

·
6th Gear
765 Posts
I had the same part fail on my fanatically-maintained 2004 EX a few years ago, then with 100K miles. It was winter and I wasn't getting any heat in the cabin!

The dealership charged about $130 for the resistor replacement. I cannot do maintenance myself.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is easy to replace and you could do it yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6ioJxAoF4M

The Honda part# is 79330-SDR-A01 and is $60 online. You can an aftermarket part for $27 and up and purchase them at most parts stores or online.

The price they are quoting seems reasonable, but do it yourself.
Thanks for the link Greg. That's what I'm planning on doing. I do have basic soldiering knowledge but no tool for the job. I'll just get the whole resistor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts