Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Honda Accord EX it's a no crank no start I changed the neutral safety switch on it still doesn't start checked all the fuses with the meter everything's getting power what could it be please help

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
You mean the engine turns over but does not start? Or the engine does not turn over?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I turn the key nothing happens except my dashboard lights come on I have used a meter and everything is getting power what am I missing

·
Registered
2019 Accord 1.5
8 Posts
I'd lean towards Ignition Switch or Starter. Was it having issues starting prior to this? like kinda dragging a little before it would start. or maybe it would do nothing like it is now and then it would finally catch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No nothing indicated that there was anything wrong the car when it was cold it would jump out of gear sometimes could it be the anti theft system?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
The security system is a transponder in the key housing that communicates with the immobilizer in the car, if that is an issue the engine will turn over but the engine will not start.

The green key indicator will flash if there is a key issue.

I suspect you have a bad starter, you can hit the starter with something heavy and that may allow it to start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a green key flashing and I started the car to get it home by jumping the starter if I need a new battery for key fob would that cause a no crank no start

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
The key fob has nothing to due with the car starting, it only unlocks the doors.

·
HK Moderator
13,608 Posts
So what is the flashing green light
the flash green light is your immobilizer may have problem it flashes and continues to flash car will crank no start if all was well green light symboil key would dissapear after 3 seconds and car starts but you got car started with 380,000 miles on that starter did you hit it before it started thank you and you are welcome for the advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts