Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts
Have you considered calling your insurance co and asking? And yes you call them before taking your car into a shop.

This should be spelled out in the paperwork they send you when you sign up with them. It's probably online as well.

·
94 EX 4cyl/2003 EX V6
19 Posts
I dont know which insurance company you have but one thing I like about my State Farm is they cover glass for free regardless of deductable. (ie even $1000 deductable, is a free glass replacement - only exception is if you have no comp at all) They consider it a safety-enhancement issue so they never gripe about it. (i've had to have one windshield and one rear window replaced over time)

·
4,708 Posts
I dont know which insurance company you have but one thing I like about my State Farm is they cover glass for free regardless of deductable. (ie even $1000 deductable, is a free glass replacement - only exception is if you have no comp at all) They consider it a safety-enhancement issue so they never gripe about it. (i've had to have one windshield and one rear window replaced over time)
I have State Farm, and this coverage is not free. They try to sneak it on your policy unless you tell them to take it off.

Just checked my policy online - adding glass coverage to the comprehensive is $44 / 6 months. Not worth it IMO since it's been 3 years in my Accord and still original windshield.

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
I have Allstate and IIRC believe that glass is covered under comprehensive. I didn't pay a penny when I got my windshield replaced a couple of months ago. Every car on my policy is fully insured, so. Yeah. Called my Allstate on the following Monday (happened on a Saturday) and filed a claim. No problems at all. And no jump in premium. They directed me to a Safelite (which is an Allstate-authorized glass repair shop) right by my house and that was that.

Oh, here's why I had to get a new windshield. A rock dinged it on the highway smh.

·
94 EX 4cyl/2003 EX V6
19 Posts
I have State Farm, and this coverage is not free. They try to sneak it on your policy unless you tell them to take it off.

Just checked my policy online - adding glass coverage to the comprehensive is $44 / 6 months. Not worth it IMO since it's been 3 years in my Accord and still original windshield.
Really? o_O I'm going to have to double-check that on my own. I was SURE I went over every line and didn't see any extra charge, unless they have different policies in different areas.

·
4,708 Posts
Really? o_O I'm going to have to double-check that on my own. I was SURE I went over every line and didn't see any extra charge, unless they have different policies in different areas.
It gets rolled in as part of your comprehensive premium. Don't think it's a separate line item. I only caught it because on my insurance card I saw on the back you can either have D or DWG for comprehensive vs. comprehensive with glass. I said "yo...give me just the D" :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts