Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean when the green key light doesn't flash on the dash when I try to start my car? My car won't start, but the engine cranks and won't catch. Does that mean my key needs to be reprogrammed?

·
Registered
709 Posts
Did you drop your key in water or something? I may be wrong but I think the green light means that your transponder is synced with your car allowing it to start..

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,610 Posts
I think there's something wrong with the transponder in the steering column. When the key doesn't match the transponder, the green key icon will flash and it would not let you start the engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will the car still crank when the transponder isn't working? I didn't drop the key in water, it just stopped working after I took it into the shop. I have the car at a Honda dealer now to figure out the problem but I noticed I no longer see the green key light flash when I try to start the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the car still crank when the transponder isn't working? I didn't drop the key in water, it just stopped working after I took it into the shop. I have the car at a Honda dealer now to figure out the problem but I noticed I no longer see the green key light flash when I try to start the car.
i have the same problum. my green light stopped flashing and my car won,t start. did you find the problum?

·
Registered
07 Accord Sedan EX V6 Auto
25 Posts
i have the same problum. my green light stopped flashing and my car won,t start. did you find the problum?
I had that issue myself. The green light is the immobilizer. If it's not coming on, it's because it doesn't recognize the key, either due to damage to the key or immobilizer. Getting a new key, and having the dealer replace the immobilizer/cylinder should fix the problem. It cost me less than $100.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts