Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and found some comments on this so sorry if this is a duplicate.

To cut to the chase. The dealership wants over $800 to replace the heater core. They graciously reduced $400 off the work to remove and replace the dash otherwise would have been $1200. Does this sound reasonable?

From what I read on the forum, I hope this actually solves the problem.

Thanks.....

·
Registered
47 Posts
What did they tell you that's broken and what are they going to replace? The heater core is broken along with the dash? why are they replacing the dash?

Do you have heater blowing out of the passenger side and is it working properly?

If the passenger side is working fine (heat blowing out), i don't know how the heater core is broken...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have the same problem, I rarely use heat but only passenger side vents blow hot air. On AC all four work as intended. Air mix motor works fine, it moves on all temp range. Bothers me a little knowing it happens, but rarely need it.

I doubt heater core is broken since it's actually heating... Sounds more like a stuck vent somewhere.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yea probably a stuck vent, dealers are scum bags. They'll charge you for replacing parts and all they're going to do is fix a vent door.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I searched and found some comments on this so sorry if this is a duplicate.

To cut to the chase. The dealership wants over $800 to replace the heater core. They graciously reduced $400 off the work to remove and replace the dash otherwise would have been $1200. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks.....
Sounds like a ripoff to me even for a heater core job. I don't believe that they need to take the entire dash off to get the heater core. You did not provide much info about the problem to really troubleshoot.

1. Do you have heat on the passenger side? If yes, go to next step. If no, check for water valve first, it could be stuck.
2. Do you have dual temperature control? If yes, go to 3. If no, check the thermistor (temperature sensor).
3. Do you have AC or just air on both sides? If yes, go to 4. If no, check the motor assembly/temperature for either driver or passenger side.
4. When you change the temperature in AC mode does it make any difference? If yes, go to 5. If no, check mode motor assembly.
5. Do you have air flow in all modes? If yes, go to 6, if no, check the blower fan or motor.
6. Check the heater core for blockage.

The heater core is only $120 on line. The entire sub-heater unit is $300. A lot of the rest if the dealer profit. If you have the dual temperature control, it is likely that the driver side motor assembly is bad. That costs about $65 part but you will have to put in some elbow grease to get it replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts