Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Accord Coupe ex-l v6.

I've noticed that I don't seem to have low beams on my car, but not sure if this is intended behavior.
At all times, the LED-strip is on. If I flip the headlights on (green indicator on dashboard), nothing happens, except for the interior console buttons light up. If I then turn on high beams, I get high beams as expected from the main headlights.

If I turn the headlights to auto mode, the LED-strip is on at daytime, and when it gets dark, the high beams turn on.

This seems strange to me, since the LED-strip isn't that bright, and the high beams are too bright for most situations.

If this is incorrect behavior, any idea on the best way to get it fixed?

Thanks

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dumb question, is your headlight stalk pushed forward to keep your high beams on? The LED strip is your daytime running lights, so they will always be on, unless you pull the fuse.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Dumb question, is your headlight stalk pushed forward to keep your high beams on? The LED strip is your daytime running lights, so they will always be on, unless you pull the fuse.
probably NOT a dumb question lol

·
Registered
190 Posts
Of course your car should have low beams. Are you sure you aren't confusing the low beam and high beam sources in the headlight assembly? Post a picture of what going on?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hmmm.....

Or maybe there is confusion about the switch positions and the dashboard 'headlight' indicator?

You say 'flip the headlights on', which makes me think maybe you consider the first knob position the headlights?

I think the first knob position is not headlights/low beam, but it is your marker lights (lights other than headlights, including tail lighting.) The odd thing about my Accord, is that that position lights up the dashboard light indicator. However, no headlights will be on, only DRL if installed.

The second knob position is 'headlights on'. You should have low beams, or high&low beams, depending on the high/low beam position of the turn signal handle.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
The first position is OFF. The 2nd position is parking lights on (dash light, all exterior lamps but the headlamps). 3rd position is AUTO, which turns the lights on based off the intensity you've selected via the iMid. 4th position is low-beam headlamps on.

If your signal stalk is pushed forward, the low beams will not come on, only the high beams.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The first position is OFF. The 2nd position is parking lights on (dash light, all exterior lamps but the headlamps). 3rd position is AUTO, which turns the lights on based off the intensity you've selected via the iMid. 4th position is low-beam headlamps on.

If your signal stalk is pushed forward, the low beams will not come on, only the high beams.
On my US spec car the projector low beams stay on, just the fog lights shut off.

Jay

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You all were right - dumb question from me!
Didn't have the manual around, but I found a copy online, and yes I just had to move the headlight stalk towards me.

CobraPA - I see the same thing on my dashboard - hence my confusion. In all other cars I've driven, a green indicator means low beams and a blue one means high beams. Still should have checked the manual first though.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Didn't have the manual around, but I found a copy online, and yes I just had to move the headlight stalk towards me.

CobraPA - I see the same thing on my dashboard - hence my confusion. In all other cars I've driven, a green indicator means low beams and a blue one means high beams. Still should have checked the manual first though.

Thanks
Big of you to admit this :thmsup:.

I probably would have been confused too when I see the green symbol, that's low-beam headlight on for me too, not sure why Honda changed it for the 9th Gen.

Imagine if some traffic department changed the traffic lights so that red is go and amber is stop? :lmao:

·
Four Doors/Two Pedals
2020 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 10AT
1,172 Posts
It wasn't a dumb question. You asked a question for which you did not have an answer.

Should you have looked in the manual, if you had one available? Absolutely.

But, the fact is that you did seek an answer from a forum that ostensibly is here to help those who have questions.

Had you wanted an intelligence analysis and a personality inventory, you would have obviously sought answers from another source.

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
My TSX also showed the green symbol when just the parking lights were on IIRC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts