Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 accord v-6 with about 62k miles and it is having a ticking when hot and cold. It comes from the area of the heads. Are there any other culprits known for ticking in these engines? I think there may be a little piston slap but that goes away. This noise stays with the engine. I can't quite place it though...

I've had the car since it was new and typically drive it mildy-hard. Mobile 1 since the second oil change till now... Should I just go ahead and adjust the valves? I have done a lot of bikes so I'm not worried about the difficulty.

I tried searching for a valve adjust write up and didn't see one. Could I get a link?

Thanks for any help

Josh

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, I found that one already but it seemed over simplified... If it isn't, it should be a piece of cake for me.

Thanks though.

·
ready to go....
20,013 Posts
They must be adjusted cold. It's not that difficult on the L4.

·
Fully Loaded!!!
40 Posts
Valve adj.

Does anyone have directions to remove the intake manifold and the Valve covers to do a valve adjustment on a 2004 Honda Accord V6? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks! :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the valve adjustment today. It took 5hrs to do. I have done several motorcycles that were much harder than this.

All 24 valves were loose .002-.007in out.

It sounds much better, revs smoother, and has a noticeable improvement in power.

There is still a little bit of noise, but typical valve train noise.

:D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have directions to remove the intake manifold and the Valve covers to do a valve adjustment on a 2004 Honda Accord V6? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks! :D
It honestly isn't that hard. Take off the 10mm bolts for the top cover which leads to the 12mm bolts for the manifold. Along with some other brackets and hoses, then the manifold is ready to come off.

The valve covers arent that bad after you get the manifold off either. If you need something more in depth than that I could probably help you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adjusted them again today at 83k miles. 8 were adjusted (loose).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts