Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, im new here and I had a quick question if somebody can give me some input. About 7 months ago I was in search of a honda accord to replace my evo x because my lease was running up. Got lucky and bought a 07 honda accord with 13k miles for 8k. Car was mint and belonged to an older gentlemen who never drove it. I never had a single problem with it but i did change the trans fluid, oil, and had an alignment and balance. Honda told me the car was 110%

Soon after i was driving and i heard a noise in the front driver wheel. No idea what it was but honda told me it was a rock that fell out while i left it at the dealer. The noise came back but then never happened again.

Now every time I make a right turn there is a brief screeching noise.
The noise only happens during right hand turns and only when driving. When its in park it doesnt make any noise at all. Maybe the rock is still there and when i move my steering wheel its rubbing against the rotor? Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
6,304 Posts
Why not jack up the car, take the wheel off, and take a flat head screwdriver and pry between the back of the brake rotor and the dust shield and see if a rock does fall out??

·
Carpe Diem
3,160 Posts
The rock might have bent the dust shield causing the shield to scrape something when you turn. Like t-rd said, jack it up and poke around and see if you can find where the scraping is coming from.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,158 Posts
I have the same thing.....I took the wheels off, inspected everything. Nothing.

Still have the same noise.

Try this, when you turn right and drive, give it a little more gas. Then try it with barely any gas. Mine only does it if I barely give it any gas.

I'm going to replace my serpentine belt and tensioner pulley.

·
Registered
375 Posts
My friend had this the other day on her 2007 Accord SE sedan, it was the dust shield on the driver front wheel. Easy fix, bend it back in place.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What was it grabbing on? Mine seems clear.
I don't think it was grabbing per se. It just occasionally rubbed on the rotor. She had hit a curb at some point and eventually was hearing what sounded like a chain dragging on metal. I had originally though it was something loose dragging on an axle.
We took off the wheel/tire on lunch break and pried the dust shield back away from the rotor. It really wasn't noticeable visually. But bending it back fixed the noise.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,158 Posts
I changed the serpentine belt. All is good. I figured it was slipping under pressure, giving that screechy sound.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts