Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you notice excessive noise when driving while its raining?

I'm not talking about the usual water droplets hitting the roof type noise. Rather, it sounds like i'm hearing what sounds like water trickling down in the B pillars. Sunroof area doesn't seem well insulated either.

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
yup!

Those side garnishes are only taped on and if you tap them with your finger you can tell it "drums" a little. Rain hitting the plastic gets amplified IMO especially at hwy speeds but happens on surface roads too.

I believe the water trickling noise is from the same area.

Kind of a Zen-like experience !

·
CITIUS::INFERIUS::FORTIUS
1,471 Posts
So peaceful! Babbling brook meditation time.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aha! Good points. Can't say I've ever experienced such sounds in any previous car so it was unusual.

Zen like? I don't know. Too much traffic to be in a state of zen. This is chicago after all where people can't seem to drive [well] in the elements. Saw a few spinouts and crashes on the highway so of course my direction of travel has to slow down and look.

·
Elvira
3,679 Posts
Aha! Good points. Can't say I've ever experienced such sounds in any previous car so it was unusual.

Zen like? I don't know. Too much traffic to be in a state of zen. This is chicago after all where people can't seem to drive [well] in the elements. Saw a few spinouts and crashes on the highway so of course my direction of travel has to slow down and look.
sLAKERZ hit it on the nose. Meditation time.

First time I heard it I thought "Doooh, now what?" turns out to be nothing.

Centered!

Reactions: sLAKERZ

·
The Shadow displaced Bug Magnet
2020 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T in Modern Steel Metallic
490 Posts
Thin glass. All that weight saving fuel economy efforts means the glass is thinner than the super-duper thick glass found on all those 60's and 70's pseudo muscle cars and full bodied land yachts that got 12mpg because they were carrying around a few extra hundred lbs of glass. Or something like that.

Don't worry, your next car will have even thinner glass. And more plastics. And thinner metal. And the rain will sound even louder. Of course that car will get 72 MPG so you won't mind so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts