Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my 08 accord coupe ex did not come with navi and i was wondering if i could get navi installed even thoe it did not have navi with it in the first place so im guessing it does not have wires for it? would this non navi to navi conversion work.

im looknig into purchasing this unit if it would work:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HONDA-ACCORD-08-...994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41547351ea

what do u guys think, im pretty sure its the qualir brand and i saw a review on here saying it is pretty good.

in the description it says its a double din oem fitment so the screen would fit like oem but the brown peice in the pic looks too big to fit in the bottom..? it looks different then in the bottom where it says "With our GPS Radio" would it fit no problem at the bottom below the dash. also i read for double dins u need a dash kit but i dont wanna replace my dash because i like how it looks, i wouldnt need to replace the dash correct?

just joined this forum because i bought my car yesterday:)

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I would not buy any no-name Chinese navi for $500 (yes, I consider Qualir, RoadRover, etc no-name) when you can get a name brand double din, with a domestic warranty and real tech support for the same price. If you absolutely don't want to change the look of the center stack and have to have built in navi your only choices are take a chance on one of these or convert to factory navi.

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
I ordered this http://www.autodvdgps.com/aftermarket-updated-gps-radio-for-honda-accord-all-in-one-navigation-multimedia-system-notebook-p-776.htmlabout three days ago. It's the new version of Qualir Accord products. I can get you a discount on Qualir items 10.00$ off and it is better IMO to buy from there webpage. (Plus i get sum money back when you buy from them =))
Here is some other ppl that have done this install (It is with the first model they came out with though). Btw there are many other brands out but some are really terrible!!http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37443

·
Motor City
707 Posts
I would be worried about the wiring too and how I could set it up to the stock controls, the price of the product isn't bad but as far as the product goes I don't know much about that. But I will tell you just because its not a known brand like Sony or so on, does not mean it's not good.

·
1st gear
363 Posts
The newer version is not compatible with EX-L model...

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you have a non navi model, you will not be able to fit the screen at the place where it is in the navi model. So it has to be placed much lower than the original location. Please carry out a search and you will be able to see photos of those installed by other driveaccord members. You also have to place all the wiring necessary because your car is not equipped with preinstalled wiring. And even when you install it, I think unless you spend a lot more money, your other system components like the audio will not be integreted or synchronized with the installed navi. So if I were you, I would just go and buy a Garmin system. You would spend a lot less and get a better navigation system.

·
Maui Built Surf Team
139 Posts
I had no wiring. All Plug and Play. Fit my LX-S. Just swap it all out.

·
Car Customizer/Consultant
780 Posts
If you have a non navi model, you will not be able to fit the screen at the place where it is in the navi model. So it has to be placed much lower than the original location. Please carry out a search and you will be able to see photos of those installed by other driveaccord members. You also have to place all the wiring necessary because your car is not equipped with preinstalled wiring. And even when you install it, I think unless you spend a lot more money, your other system components like the audio will not be integreted or synchronized with the installed navi. So if I were you, I would just go and buy a Garmin system. You would spend a lot less and get a better navigation system.
Yea you really do not know what you are talking about LOL Qualir, RoadRover, tc is all plug and play and even if you did not have navi before, the part where the navirscreen would go just raises up to fit it. There's no different dash. You do not have to place it lower. Everything integrates just fine.

·
Registered
252 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts