Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It had the power to turn the jack all the way up to get the wheels off. It was easy to blast the lugs off after breaking them away. It was small enough fit behind the caliper to unscrew the slide bolts with a 7mm allensocket. With it you can fit 1/2 inch sockets and 1/4 inch hex so you can save on adapters too. It just murders the job, and it's so light it didn't murder my elbows. Also, get this, it only cost me $99 at Home Depot. If you need a powertool to really knock out car related jobs quick and easy look in to the Bosch Freak 1800.

I just had to lay it on your guys because I was just so amazed how useful it was.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
By reading the title I thought your brakes were crushed by some tools or something lol

Thankfully that’s not the case. Congrats!

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
644 Posts
Yeah I think "destroy" might be the wrong word here. It made me think "great tool" was sarcasm.

But I'm glad it made the job easier!

·
More cars, more problems
237 Posts
I've got the same one (GDX18V-1800CN), picked up the bare tool for a real good price opened box (I already have 18V Bosch stuff, so I didn't need a battery). No complaints for the price.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got the same one (GDX18V-1800CN), picked up the bare tool for a real good price opened box (I already have 18V Bosch stuff, so I didn't need a battery). No complaints for the price.
Yeah just be sure to have 16 sided sockets and spare screwdrivers. On a tough job it will round and snap through everything. Very powerful tool. I've learned the hard way on each. If can even lift the whole car if you use the jack in the boot. Nuts.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah just be sure to have 16 sided sockets and spare screwdrivers. On a tough job it will round and snap through everything. Very powerful tool. I've learned the hard way on each. If can even lift the whole car if you use the jack in the boot. Nuts.
16 sided? Maybe 6 sided...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
106 Posts
It had the power to turn the jack all the way up to get the wheels off. It was easy to blast the lugs off after breaking them away. It was small enough fit behind the caliper to unscrew the slide bolts with a 7mm allensocket. With it you can fit 1/2 inch sockets and 1/4 inch hex so you can save on adapters too. It just murders the job, and it's so light it didn't murder my elbows. Also, get this, it only cost me $99 at Home Depot. If you need a powertool to really knock out car related jobs quick and easy look in to the Bosch Freak 1800.

I just had to lay it on your guys because I was just so amazed how useful it was.
Great tool! Funny you write about this (including your enthusiasm) since I JUST bought the Milwaukee equivalent (bare tool, had batteries already) and was simply amazed at how much easier jobs are...and, yes, notably the caliber bracket bolts. No more messing around with breaker bars etc. Small size makes it fit just about anywhere plus various settings/tourque make this a must for me from now on.

To add to the impact socket comments, I ended up also buying a set of impact "universal joint" set, where you can impact something without having perfect access to it, if you know what I mean.

Anyways, I agree a great tool and I recommend. Lots of different brands have them, so if you have a cordless system already, the tool only cost might make it worthwhile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts