Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I most certainly am not.
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dumb woman backs into my car. I was so mad at her.
She gave me all her information, but she didn't seem to care at all. She was driving a company car.
I played the "call this number, oh you now need to call this number" game with the insurance company she gave me. After finally getting to the right number, they tell me that since it's a corporate account, they have to wait for her to call in and report that she hit me. WTF???? I have never heard of this before.
I called the woman that hit me, and she promised she would call it in today.
Tomorrow I am calling them again. If she didn't report it, then I will call the police and get a report.

Here is the pics...
When I brought my baby home

Damage from the dumb careless woman

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
This is the only picture that works.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Sorry to hear :( I think I would have called the police when it happened.

Your images don't work.

·
Registered
684 Posts
That sucks, but it could have been a lot worse. Looks like just a scrape to the front bumper cover. I'd push to get a new bumper cover rather than have that painted.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'd push to get a new bumper cover rather than have that painted.
Why? New oem ones still have to be painted to match. No reason that the bumper would need replaced unless it's cracked which doesn't seem likely by the pics. The black plastic will need replaced as well. Easy fix.

·
HA-420
709 Posts
Yes it could've been worse and it's probably and easy fix but it messes with the purity of the car, if you will.

I feel for you my SNP brother.

·
Banned
47 Posts
Dumb woman backs into my car. I was so mad at her.

If she didn't report it, then I will call the police and get a report.

Damage from the dumb careless woman
It Happens. Within 10 days of getting mine, as I am about to enter an on-ramp, a wreckless and dumb tow truck just cuts right into me without hesitation or foresight right into rear panel/tail lights. You think I liked having to replace fenders and tail lamps within almost a week of ownership? IT HAPPENS!

Insurance is the most famous organized crime being inflicted on all of us. That police report is useless if the other party lies and says it was you fault. You would have to sue and that report can only be used after you sue her in small claims court cause you already tried to do it the right way and got nowhere, am I right? Then you will have to prove it and without pics and witnesses, your chances slim down like a bad weight watchers commercial. In my case, I had to foot the bill cause after I called the cops they couldn't determine whose fault it was cause the DUMB tow truck driver lied and said it was my fault. No witnesses. Crooked people stir the pot as much good people and you discover these things on the road *with* your Honda. It's a war.

Your paint is so juicy that I would not park near anyone, period point blank. This is a great reminder that Honda paint is nothing to sneeze at meaning if you sneeze, it will leave a mark just like if someone punched you in the face. This is a great reminder for all of us to park away from people and if the cops ever profile you and ask why you are parked away from others which does happen people, you have an instant coffee excuse! Cops are famous profilers cause they are very comfortable in their habits and routines and if they see you parked away and you're chillin in your car, they will stop to profile you cause they have plenty of things to attack...you via your license and your car as far as their eyes, it's an easy kill for them and mind you this is all within THEIR routine, not yours. Don't be a victim and always be aware of your environment.

I got lucky cause I was parked away from everyone at a movie theater and as soon I saw them roll down, I got out. They stopped me and hopped out like I just murdered someone and when they gave me the third degree, one of the questions was "Why are you parked so far away?" I said I was in a hurry cause my movie was about to start but you can bet I will be using your story about this accident as my next excuse! You have to stay 1 step ahead of "everyone"!!

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
You need a police report anyway. Get one ASAP.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tomorrow I am calling them again. If she didn't report it, then I will call the police and get a report.
Does that even work? How do the police know you didn't damage it yourself and are now trying to blame it on a woman whose # you happen to know? Seems to me you need to call them from the scene if you're going to call them at all. Sorry (and someone tell me if I'm wrong.)

I feel for your loss. I curbed my new coupe just 48 hours after getting her. At least you have someone else to blame your scrape on. I gotta see the dummy every time I look in the mirror!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Why? New oem ones still have to be painted to match. No reason that the bumper would need replaced unless it's cracked which doesn't seem likely by the pics. The black plastic will need replaced as well. Easy fix.
For some reason I was thinking they come already painted.

I had the door handle break off on my 89 Accord. Ordered a new one from a dealer, it came painted in the color of my car. Easy fix.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dang, you should've called the police at the scene. You will have a stronger case against her, and you probably will need witnesses or other evidences if the company tries to play dumb.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Best of luck and hang in there. Extra sad to happen in first week, just make sure repair makes it look brand new again

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'd be surprised if she reports the accident, and I'd be more surprised if she admits fault. Unless you have a witness, it's your word against hers. Insurance companies might say you're both at fault, so you'll be on the hook for half the damages. She might even say your rear ended her. I feel bad for you. Only a week old, and you're pride and joy is f'd up, and what's worse, she didn't have any remorse. It's people like this that make me want to invest in a dash cam.

·
I most certainly am not.
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.
We were both at Starbucks, and I was trying to find my sunglasses in the box of crap taken out of the car I traded in. The box was in my trunk. I backed into a space next to the sidewalk where no one was parking on either side of me, away from everyone else. She was parked head first into the crammed parking right in from of starbucks. She backed out, turned her huge chrysler sebring, and the back of her bumper hit the front of my car. I have pictures of both cars, and her license plate. I am a regular at that starbucks, so I think they saw me when I walked out and didn't get straight into my car like I usually do.

I'm getting a police report in the morning just to have it on file.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Feel you pain man. Got mines on the 28th, and already got damage. We've had bad snow storms here, so could have been ice rock, but i've babied my car since i took it and don't recalling hitting anything or someone hit me and took off. Gonna get another estimate and then determine whether to go through INS or not.

Pics dont do just but it's a nice dent into the bottom panel and scratch with dent on my door.

Attachments

·
2014 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
55 Posts
That 100% blows! Really sorry to hear that. I know exactly what you are going through. My RX-8 was only a few days old when it was nailed by an uninsured, unlicensed, career drunk-driver.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Bummer. When involved in an accident, no matter how large or small the damage, if not injured I always get out and start taking pics of both cars. I always, always, always call the police to back up the facts. Live and learn. Hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts