Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2007 EX-L V6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 EX-L sedan V6. When I am braking at a normal rate, my car will slow down evenly then at down shifts, the braking increases drastically for a second then resumes normal braking rate. This normally is when braking from freeway speeds, but i have noticed it during all types of driving. The most significant is just when coming down from 65 or greater. This is such a change in braking that it will throw my body forward like I slamed on the brakes hard for just a second, but he pedal never moves. What could cause this?

I took the car to the dealer, but of course, that was the one time that I could not get the car to repeat the problem.

·
.Net developer
156 Posts
thats one of the things i noticed up front when i test drove my 2010 v6 sedan. when declining in speed, i notice that sometimes it kinda 'jumps' when it brakes during the time it downshifts. i thought it was a normal thing. :dunno:

im guessing this is why there was an issue with the brakes for the 2010 models, bc people press on them harder than usual thinking that its not braking fast enough then it downshifts and kinda 'thrusts' u forward a little...

·
2007 EX-L V6
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So is this one of those things that I will had to live with since it is something that all hondas do? I replaced the brake pads and rotors with after market and flushed the transmission. I was just hoping that there was something to make this car feel perfect while braking. i believe that the issue with the 2010s was different than the 06-07s.

·
Mike
841 Posts
I have an 07 EX-L sedan V6. The most significant is just when coming down from 65 or greater. This is such a change in braking that it will throw my body forward like I slamed on the brakes hard for just a second, but he pedal never moves. What could cause this?
It should not throw your body forward like that. It should feel like changing down one gear in a manual. It should not feel like changing from 5th to 2nd and popping the clutch.
There is a feeling of extra deceleration not hard braking, when and how much depends on Grade Logic sensor input conditions.

·
Registered
2006 Accord EX-L
1,611 Posts
It's normal. It's part of the Grade Logic Control. It downshifts just to provide engine breaking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts