Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 accord and am having a problem I can't figure out. There is a noticable miss in the engine and it has lost power. At first I was getting an intake leak code, I replaced all intake gaskets and stopped getting the intake code, but the miss is still there, The car also stalls several times in the mornings until it is completely warmed up. I am now getting a system too rich code bank 1, and a misfire code in cylinder 6, I replaced the coil in cylinder 6 and the problem is still there. Any suggestions before I take it to the dealer.

·
Just another old guy ....
1,269 Posts
Check for vacuum leeks. May or may not fix your issue, but it's a good place to start. If you did the work when replacing the gaskets, I will persume you know how to check. :thmsup:

Second: If you had instructions for the gasket replacement, check to see if you were to apply any sealent on any of the bolts. As if that's overlooked, it could be a source of a vacuum leek.

Third: Recheck your spark plug electrical connections. If you had to unhook them when replacing the gaskets, there may have been a mix-up when reinstalling them.

Sometimes it's the simple stuff we over look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts