Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
•2004 Honda Accord
•2.4L - SULEV
•159,000 miles
•California emissions
———-
The CEL came on and the car is throwing code: P0137 (Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2) I changed both O2 sensors (Up and Downstream) with direct fit DENSO sensors and still get the code: P0137 and CEL activation.. I Also get “CAT” blinking red light on my Scan Tool.. I replaced the Catalytic Converter and still get the P0137 Code, CEL and blinking red “CAT” on my Scan Tool.. Im down to suspecting I must have received a bad O2 Sensor from NAPA and will return and reinstall the downstream sensor tomorrow.. kinda at my wits end with this code.. Any thoughts at all??

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Do you know what "continuity" is? It is much easier to test if you understand the concept of "continuity".

Continuity means the wiring is continuous and unbroken. @Davidpeab is theorizing that the wiring itself (in the car's harness from the computer to the O2 sensor) is broken. It makes sense too since you've made all possible repairs and still get the same code. it is also possible that the first O2 sensor you replaced is not continuous. You should also test the sensor for continuity.If you find that the sensor has no continuity you will have good reason to return it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tested the plug where The sensor (2) plugs into the ECU itself (Under passenger seat) and it has power going to it.. I did not test continuity yet.. I also tested the sensor (2) itself and it tested good as well..

one thing.. this all started after I replaced a dead battery.. could that have anything to do with it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts