1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
"The biggest advantage, is that MX WiFi works with the iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod)."

Meh, I have Android so the BT version works fine for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have android too. The Wi-Fi one is $10 cheaper but then i would have to wait until June...

·
Mechanical engineer
84 Posts
i have an obd2 elm that works great with the bluetooth but i wonder if you could get faster data transfer from the car to your phone or coputer, some things have a long refresh time that could be quicker

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
i have an obd2 elm that works great with the bluetooth but i wonder if you could get faster data transfer from the car to your phone or coputer, some things have a long refresh time that could be quicker
A name brand one is going to have a faster refresh rate than the ebay knockoffs that only cost $15. According to the Kickstarter page, the wifi will be about the same speed of refresh as the BT one.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I have a cheap usb that has the highest usable speed for most scantools. Not all bt devices allow fast polling and most default to 19200. As for Wifi G networks the data rate is much slower than the connection speed. WIFI has 12bit streams plus security key. So there some overhead with the data from ODBII over WIFI

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will probably just go with the OBDLink bluetooth then since i have a galaxy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts