Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Obsidian Blue Pearl, Modern Steel, or Alabaster Silver?

• Obsidian Blue Pearl

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Modern Steel Metallic

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Alabaster Silver Metallic

Votes: 15 31.3%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I've been lurking on the forum for about a week... I'm in the market for a new Accord Sport after my 09 Accord EX-L V6 was declared totaled after an accident :bawling:

I'm in negotiations with a number of dealers in the area, so we'll see what I can get the price down to, but in the meantime, I can't decided on the color!

My old Accord came in the Royal Blue Pearl which despite the names seemed like a darker blue in person than the current Obsidian Blue Pearl - it's similar enough to give that feeling of familiarity, but OBP is just a twinge brighter that doesn't make it feel right...

I was going to go for the Civic in Polished Metal, which is a cooler hue of grey (less brown) than the Modern Metal, but it seems like a popular color from all the promo materials.

And finally, the Alabaster Silver looks good, but at times doesn't quite seem to have the same "shine" as the darker colors do - almost makes it look dull to me.

What do you drivers think? Did you look at any of these, which did you pick, and what factors drove you toward or away from others?

· Registered
24 Posts
We went with the lighter silver color as it does not show dirt as quickly as darker colors. I have a dark blue chevy truck and keeping it looking nice is almost as bad as black. The champagne fost would be a nice choice but its also an upgrade price and is harder to paint a pearl body panel or part of a car if any damage happens and have it look right down the road as we will keep a car around 7 to 8 years.

· 2013 Accord V6-6MT
2,887 Posts
I've never understood how others' color preferences were relevant to my choice. Beyond certain practical considerations, like the time consumed in keeping a black car clean and the tendency of lighter colors to not show dust, color is such an individual matter that the only opinion that matters is yours.

My approach has always been to rule out those colors that I would not buy, and then establish a preference list for the other available, acceptable colors. In your situation, if I were choosing, that would be: 1st MSM, 2nd silver, 3rd, blue. You may find yourself in a situation where availability and price influence your final choice. Good luck!

· Registered
89 Posts
Alabaster was my choice, my wife has the pearl white, we both have Sports. We`ve had many silvers and white cars and I can`t seem to choose other colors, we`ve had many darker colors also and I`m not buying darker any more, just to much upkeep to keep it looking good. Silver is great because it stays looking cleaner and very easy to keep up compared to darker colors. In the sunlight the metallic really pops. I like it because everything is silver and black:thmsup:

· Registered
379 Posts
For me, my three color choices came down to White Orchid Pearl, Obsidian Blue Pearl, and Alabaster Silver Metallic.

Blue tends to be my favorite color, but seeing it in person (as much as I really liked it), I had a feeling that to keep it clean would take as much effort as black; which, I really wanted to get away from as my previous car was black.

White Orchid Pearl was my close second, but keeping it clean would also be a challenge, especially in the winter. However, this was still a strong contender for me, as it looked great - and I have grown to have a strong liking for white cars in general.

Of course, in the end, I didn't think the ASM would be my actual color of choice, but that was all until I actually saw it in person. Pictures really do not do this color justice, because it is quite the opposite of dull. As others have mentioned, it is very easy to keep clean, and does hide dirt very well, BUT (and this is a huge "but"... a J-Lo sized "but"!), when it IS clean it is absolutely gorgeous - especially when the sun hits it! Maybe I was kind of brainwashed, and assimilated with my neighbors, who also have silver cars, but there is just something about it that goes very well with this Accord; not to mention, all of the chrome accents and trim really blend in well that I do not feel compelled to paint them any other color. :thumbsup:

With that said, your best bet is to go in yourself to take a look at what the cars actually look like in person, as you will be able to make a better decision from there on. Good luck! :)

· Registered
650 Posts
I agree what covertash said above, go look at the colors and decide for yourself. I saw all the colors, my choice before going into the dealer was White, but when I went to the dealer, they had a red exl sitting in the middle of the showroom, all lit up and so shiny..fell in love with the color... A good idea is to see the color in the daytime, outside..that will give you the best view of what it will look like when you take it home.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I have seen the 3 in person, and they all ranked pretty closely, which is why I was just wondering if there were any other considerations I might have looked over or should consider.

I went out to the dealer again today, silver and blue are on the short list now.

Are all the warnings about upkeep of the dark colors just that they show dirt more, or is it something about those colors and/or they fade faster?

· Registered
114 Posts
Having just purchased an Accord in Obsidian Blue Pearl I did a search on the paint and it lead me back here. Curious what people think of the colors today. The Obsidian is kind of different as it turns black in certain lights. What’s the other Pearls that take on a different hue? Old thread but still revelant.

· BRWNFLSH now
7,640 Posts
Want a color that's not everywhere you look? It's a dark color, but brightens up in the sunlight, and doesn't show dirt as much because it is the color of dirt.

Reactions: Sterg
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.