Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, our "new" 2012 was purchased from a previous smoker.:crying

now, I do not smell it really at all, but it is the wifes car...that being said....she can tell...enough said?

so, as a holistic and environmentally conscious people, (clean living) we do not want to mask, or frebreeze or any of he perfume smelling stuff from yankee candle or what not.

"and the trees on the mirror so my car wont smell" beasty boys approach is not what we are looking for...

right now we have 25 incense sticks placed under the seat and are looking for the magic combination to help with the general aromatic appeal to the car. This might be my answer (although it is a mask, it more a bit more 'natural' then a plug in...

any ideas? suggestions...recommendations?

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Hard to do. I'd imagine steaming and scrubbing the fabric and carpets would be your only option. I smoke, but always with the windows open and NEVER with the AC on. I've found Simple Green diluted helps with the stains in the headliner and on the pillars.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,708 Posts

These are professional techniques though. Might be worth paying a detailer to do it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great Video...thank you.

I just detailed the car tonight and still cannot "smell the smoke"

maybe there is a pea in the wifes mattress, but somehow a few good details and the "problem" maybe solved.

even if there was a smoker in the car, it is not overpowering or detectable by this mans oversized nose....uhm..yeh.

still, I will work on a few suggestions that were offered up and maybe even throw in a few essential oils properly placed for "limited" release.

again..thanks for the help. I am sure a
aFe TR-1001P Takeda Cold Air Intake System for Honda Accord will not take the smell out...but maybe I am seraching the "wrong" solution....

imagine that....:sigh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts