Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

My new accord 4 cyl touring came equipped with 18" Goodyear Eagle LS2 tires.

Anyone have any experience with these tires on the new accord?

I'm thinking of swapping them out for some Michelins, specifically Primacy MXM4s which I've had good luck on previous vehicles.

Dealer is pushing the Pilot Sport A/S 3s as they are at a lower price for the time being. I've read one review so far and they look decent.

Anyone have any bad experiences with any of the above listed tires?

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Go with the Michelin MXV4. That's what came on my current vehicle. Michelin's and pretty much all I've ever purchased for any of my cars. The MXV4's are relatively quiet and offer a smoother ride than the Goodyear brand the dealer is using on some of the other vehicles. Do a forum search as there's a thread where members voice preferences between the Michelin and Goodyear tires. IMO, it seems most prefer the Michelin.

·
4,637 Posts
I'd run them for at least 30-40k miles depending on the tread wear. Then replace them with the Michelins. You will get a small amount for the Goodyears if you try to sell them on CL. Or try to sell them first and see if you have any takers. Then prepare to get the Michelins installed asap. If you can get $300 for them I'd probably do it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd run them for at least 30-40k miles depending on the tread wear. Then replace them with the Michelins. You will get a small amount for the Goodyears if you try to sell them on CL. Or try to sell them first and see if you have any takers. Then prepare to get the Michelins installed asap. If you can get $300 for them I'd probably do it.
Got them on Craigslist.

I'll run them until I sell them.

Talked to a couple tire outlets...18" not a common size although newer cars seem to be going bigger these days.

There's a buyer out there somewhere!

Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
I will be ditching these tires before next winter. By far, the WORST handling tire in snow that I have ever had compared to firestone, bf goodrich, and kuhmo tires. Michelin or Continental for me in the future!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts