Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting ready to embark on the [[above]] adventure, well the car audio shop will be doing all the leg work. I will just be enjoying the fruits of their labor. Has anyone else taken this route...If so whats are your comments PRO'S AND CON'S about the change. Just curious. :banana:

·
Registered
10 Posts
im interested in this as well.got a little giftcard to the local audio shop i like and wanted to do the same.listened to the subs at the shop and was thinking of going with 2 10" JL W0s with an alpine m500 amp(liked the way they sounded together on top of being suggested by audio shop guy and them being really big bang for buck)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im interested in this as well.got a little giftcard to the local audio shop i like and wanted to do the same.listened to the subs at the shop and was thinking of going with 2 10" JL W0s with an alpine m500 amp(liked the way they sounded together on top of being suggested by audio shop guy and them being really big bang for buck)
Well from what I know which, to be honesty really isn't rocket science. You've got quite a nice setup coming from a current JL owner. The car setup sounds cool, I've heard a few people say that since the stock headunit cuts of certain frequencies to keep the stock speakers from blowing it won't produce great sounds. I've also heard that the OEM headunit won't affect the sound quality that much. I personally prefer the clean inside look. If you are still concerned you could purchase one of those aftermarket sound processors which do a good job of helping to recapture and clean up those lost frequencies.

·
lookin' clean
491 Posts
ive done it with the OEM head unit. Wasnt as good as I thought it would be using a LOC.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a stock head unit with an after market amp and sub, sounds good actually, hits pretty hard. Some guys i work with were surprised it was only one 12, one ***** 12 at that. I did it myself, its pretty simple, i just bridged off my rear speakers right into the high input on the amp, makes it easy, the rear speakers still perform the same, and you dont need to run a remote wire to the amp since you are using the high input instead of rca's, amp comes on when stock deck does.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ive done it with the OEM head unit. Wasnt as good as I thought it would be using a LOC.
I have a stock head unit with an after market amp and sub, sounds good actually, hits pretty hard. Some guys i work with were surprised it was only one 12, one ***** 12 at that. I did it myself, its pretty simple, i just bridged off my rear speakers right into the high input on the amp, makes it easy, the rear speakers still perform the same, and you dont need to run a remote wire to the amp since you are using the high input instead of rca's, amp comes on when stock deck does.

Was it your expectations of the quality, what I mean by that is. I don't plan entering a competition with my setup...Just want some nice low end sounds. I know I may not get the ability to control the sub up front. Like with a aftermarket headunit. But I prefer the "conservative look"

That sounds like some pre engineering type stuff..lol, sounds legit man. Thanks for comment. Nice to see some positives in this situation.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was it your expectations of the quality, what I mean by that is. I don't plan entering a competition with my setup...Just want some nice low end sounds. I know I may not get the ability to control the sub up front. Like with a aftermarket headunit. But I prefer the "conservative look"

That sounds like some pre engineering type stuff..lol, sounds legit man. Thanks for comment. Nice to see some positives in this situation.
Also, most new pretty decent amps have the option of bass/volume control on the amp, and you can run that up to where you can reach it, they are just a switch assembly on a cord that has a nob you turn clockwise/counter clockwise for less or more bass/volume. I always had mine between my driver seat and middle console, that way you can control your sub in some way with a stock head unit.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just recently sold my S2000 but removed the audio system from the car before I sold it. I plan on installing the sub I had removed into my Accord. Its the Infinity Basslink. I will be splicing into the rear speakers so it should not be hard at all...just need to run the power cables up to the front and thats about it except for the volume knob.

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
252 Posts
I'm running the stock headunit with 2 kenwood 12s and a 1000w kenwood amp, whole set up with box cost me $250. I have the remote wire, a LOC which I don't like because it comes loose, a 4guage wire ran to the battery through a 150amp block fuse, so I no longer dim. My only 2 problems, when my sub is knocking hard SOMETIMES the CD will skip lmao. And that when I turn off my headunit the sub comes on and HITS hard, but I've been told its either negative feedback from the RCAs or a bad ground since the metal in the trunk is painted.

My setup is real clean, I'll take a pic when I can but it hits plenty hard, my last complaint is that now that I recently tuned up the amp after breaking it in, even at -6 bass, the sub overtakes the voice around volume 15+, so I need to tune it down a bit when its not freezing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts