Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you know a good OEM HID projector from another car brand, can you post it here so we can get a list going of options we can use for Retrofit? It could be any years.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I've seen a TSX retro as well as an S2000 so far

·
Registered
108 Posts
RX 330 w/ custom shield mod, TSX-R lens, Osram CBI bulbs look way better than overrated S2K's.
would rx-330 fit in our headlight housing? what shroud did u use?

·
JaeDM
567 Posts
TRS offers a retroquick fit kit that includes TL projectors. They are supposed to be straight bolt on projectors. I'd probably jump on that kit if anything, especially when its 350 and it includes HID kit and bulbs.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a question about TRS- is it their HID bulb or the projector that give you the sharp cutoff light line?

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how come the S2K light output is not that bright? is that because of picture?

·
Registered
871 Posts
how come the S2K light output is not that bright? is that because of picture?
:dunno: probably. Check the whole thread. I have other pictures that I took.

·
S mode
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what year were those S2k projector pull from? maybe I can go the junkyard or look online for it and use a local shop to retro for me.

·
Registered
871 Posts
what year were those S2k projector pull from? maybe I can go the junkyard or look online for it and use a local shop to retro for me.
Not sure but they are AP1 projectors so they are from the earlier S2000's.

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
RX 330 w/ custom shield mod, TSX-R lens, Osram CBI bulbs look way better than overrated S2K's.
I agree..

TRS offers a retroquick fit kit that includes TL projectors. They are supposed to be straight bolt on projectors. I'd probably jump on that kit if anything, especially when its 350 and it includes HID kit and bulbs.

true, I'm he first one. haha!! :banana:

if ever you do the 4G TL, there is a guy at HIDplanet that do custom shield-- they are far more better than the stock shield. here is the link

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?53855-Bi-Xenon-Modded-Avalon-Projector/page4

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
^^IIRC single projector fired-up from inside the house looking out from a window.. lol.. the guy must have been busy..

·
Banned
308 Posts
Not an owner yet - just a potential owner.

These Accords have "projectors" so can I simply just buy a plug-n-play new HID bulb into that same projector, or does it require that you do the whole "bake the headlights, swap to a new projector, etc" thing?

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

These Accords have "projectors" so can I simply just buy a plug-n-play new HID bulb into that same projector, or does it require that you do the whole "bake the headlights, swap to a new projector, etc" thing?
Not required. HIDs are more useful in projectors that are made for HIDs. Even though 9th gen accord have halogen projectors, you can still put HIDs in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
JaeDM
567 Posts

While many have put HIDs into halogen projectors, please remember that some states don't really allow HIDs on cars that don't come on them stock. They produce glare and you potentially blinding incoming drivers. If you want the best light out put, while not distracting incoming drivers, do ya self a favor and do a retrofit. I'm sure it be worth the time and money.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Not required. HIDs are more useful in projectors that are made for HIDs. Even though 9th gen accord have halogen projectors, you can still put HIDs in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So you can just plug in a new HID bulb, run the ballasts back to the battery and you're done? And the projectors are "close enough" to HiD projectors that you won't get all the glare issues you would on other halogen retrofits? For examply my Odyssey has those giant halogen bowl reflectors and I know you can't just put a xenon bulb in there because you will blind everyone and illuminate the trees above the road too....

EDIT:
While many have put HIDs into halogen projectors, please remember that some states don't really allow HIDs on cars that don't come on them stock. They produce glare and you potentially blinding incoming drivers. If you want the best light out put, while not distracting incoming drivers, do ya self a favor and do a retrofit. I'm sure it be worth the time and money.
So you are saying that the halogen projectors don't really do it then. Are they noticeably different such that a cop is gonna pull you over? From the outside these Accord lights look just like an HID projector, to my untrained eye.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts