Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
So if you loose your OEM Keys. How much is the original Sport key gonna cost.
The cost depends on the dealer. I paid $45 for OEM Key and $60 for programming at Brookdale Honda; the most reasonable dealer for key in my area. Since the programming is the bulk of the cost, I made another OEM key. So you have a spare key. You should take in all the keys so the dealer can program all of them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cost depends on the dealer. I paid $45 for OEM Key and $60 for programming at Brookdale Honda; the most reasonable dealer for key in my area. Since the programming is the bulk of the cost, I made another OEM key. So you have a spare key. You should take in all the keys so the dealer can program all of them.
Thanks. Is the replacement key exactly the same as the OEM key?

·
Banned
784 Posts
they should reduce the cost for programming it in my opinion. it takes me 5 minutes.
But we have to pay $60 to keep your shop warm, serve customers fresh Starbucks coffee, free internet service and make your boat payments and deal with bunch OCD Honda owners. If you guys charged only "10 min" or $10, you guys will go broke.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I only got two key fobs with mine. Should there be a third key?

·
No PRND
583 Posts
yes - two keys with the built-in remotes and one just plain gray

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you have a smartkey you only get 2 Keyfobs. There's no Grey or Valet key.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
If you have a smartkey you only get 2 Keyfobs. There's no Grey or Valet key.
I stand corrected. So LX, LX-S and Sport get 3 keys and EX and higher gets 2.

I wonder why that is? It seems a plain valet key would still be useful to you EX+ owners. Don't you still have an ignition and door keyhole locks?

·
Registered
239 Posts

I wonder why that is? It seems a plain valet key would still be useful to you EX+ owners. Don't you still have an ignition and door keyhole locks?
I got a 2014 sport with only 2 keys. I figured i didn't get the valet key since there's not glove box to lock.

·
Registered
252 Posts

Accords with smart start don't have an ignition cylinder to put a key into.

·
No PRND
583 Posts

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
'Valet' key on the Smart Key models is removing the key from the fob and giving the fob to the attendant.

·
Registered
239 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts