Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Honda uses DENSO for there 02 sensor. Both Autozone and Advance Auto have an exact fit for my 2007 Honda accord se with the 2.4.. Will this be as good as the oem?????

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Made by whom?

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
They all work just fine. Make sure to check rockauto.com. They're usually much cheaper if you can wait a few days for shipping.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I replaced the OEM Denso O2 sensors in my wife's Elantra with Denso sensors I purchased from rockauto.com. They were identical so the replacement was OEM. It's probably the same for yours but the only way to be sure is to compare part #s.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
made by DENSO.... same as the DENSO that Honda uses....
Denso should be fine. The brands are not all equal, I've heard many people complain about BOSCH sensors, for example.

Check Amazon for the same sensor.... they are probably much cheaper. If you still want to buy from Advance, buy it online and pick up in store. Use code TRT30 in the checkout. It will save you 30% if you have over $50 of items.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I notice that the Denso does NOT come with the rubber grommets that you clip on underneath to guide the wire... Do you remove the OEM ones or not....

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Why not just use the old ones?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The old ones are molded onto the wire. I guess I could split them with a razor blade and slip them over. I would have thought that an OEM replacement would have what the OEM original wiring would have....

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
The old ones are molded onto the wire. I guess I could split them with a razor blade and slip them over. I would have thought that an OEM replacement would have what the OEM original wiring would have....
I replaced mine so long ago, I can't recall. If you split it, use some gasket sealer when replacing. I do remember using zip ties somewhere down there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
rszappa1, all you need to worry about is the voltage output of that AFR or as you call it O2 sensor. Please note that if your car needs a wideband sensor, you’ll have to use a wideband one. Compare the datasheet of the OEM one with the datasheet of one you’ll be getting, if they operate in the same AFR range and have same sort of voltage outputs, I guess you’re good to go.

Regards,
M. Caliskan
http://blog.7pcb.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts