Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and searched and searched.... Here is my problem. I disconnected my battery to install a PA15 HON2 iPod adapter. When I reconnected the battery, the radio does not work anymore. The time is flashing and none of the buttons work. It does NOT display an error. It does NOT ask for a code. It does NOT turn on.... just the time flashes. I have checked all fuses and disconnected the battery again trying to get it to ask for a code. Several forums and website say "enter the code" but I can't even get it to ask for a code. A/C controls work and bluetooth works.... just no radio.

2010 Coupe V6 Non-Navi with XM.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

btw, I went to my honda dealership and one of the techs said to pull the radio fuse and check it.... there ie no fuse designated to "radio".... I pulled every single fuse and check... they are all good.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,755 Posts
I have searched and searched and searched.... Here is my problem. I disconnected my battery to install something. When I reconnected the battery, the radio does not work anymore. The time is flashing and none of the buttons work. It does NOT display an error. It does NOT ask for a code. It does NOT turn on.... just the time flashes. I have checked all fuses and disconnected the battery again trying to get it to ask for a code. Several forums and website say "enter the code" but I can't even get it to ask for a code. A/C controls work and bluetooth works.... just no radio.

2010 Coupe V6 Non-Navi with XM.

Any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

btw, I went to my honda dealership and one of the techs said to pull the radio fuse and check it.... there ie no fuse designated to "radio".... I pulled every single fuse and check... they are all good.

First thing is First.. Take a breather trust me..

Easy fix.. Disconnected your battery again, leave it off for 15mins reconnect it and Simply adjust your time and then hit the power button for your radio put your radio code and have a nice day.. :)
If that's doesn't work you disconnected the battery while the radio was one and maybe below a circuit broad inside the radio..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing is First.. Take a breather trust me..

Easy fix.. Disconnected your battery again, leave it off for 15mins reconnect it and Simply adjust your time and then hit the power button for your radio put your radio code and have a nice day.. :)
If that's doesn't work you disconnected the battery while the radio was one and maybe below a circuit broad inside the radio..
Well, I disconnected the battery before even posting my first post so it had been disconnected for about an hour and 15 minutes. I reconnected it, turned the key and the clock is still flashing. I can NOT adjust the time.... the only button I can get a response out of is the LOAD button. The screen displays BUSY then LOAD. No other buttons work. I don't know how a circuit board could have gotten fried. Everything was off when I pulled the neg battery term.

I give up.... I'll take it to honda and let them bend me over. I just don't get it. All I did was take off the neg batt term and now I have no radio.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,755 Posts
Well, I disconnected the battery before even posting my first post so it had been disconnected for about an hour and 15 minutes. I reconnected it, turned the key and the clock is still flashing. I can NOT adjust the time.... the only button I can get a response out of is the LOAD button. The screen displays BUSY then LOAD. No other buttons work. I don't know how a circuit board could have gotten fried. Everything was off when I pulled the neg battery term.

I give up.... I'll take it to honda and let them bend me over. I just don't get it. All I did was take off the neg batt term and now I have no radio.
Well it's highly unlikely that some broad went, but it is possible..

Just stop bashing your head and just take it to the dealer..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Try this. Go to the under-hood fuse/relay box and pull the No. 15 fuse (10A, back up). Your owner's manual should show this and the fuse box cover.

Wait about three minutes or so, and reinstall the fuse.

Turn ignition to ON (II) and turn on radio. Try to enter your code.

See if anything changes.

·
Registered
115 Posts
here is what I did, disconnect the battery. Turn the car back on, then turn on the Head unit by pressed the small knob, it will prom to enter the Code. Remember don't press anything else beside turn the HUB on and the codes; aka no adjust time etc. If it still not prom to enter the code, then maybe because u tried it several time and the HUB auto lock out wait for 1hrs before try again... OR READ YOUR OWNER MANUAL page 200 for more info...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try this. Go to the under-hood fuse/relay box and pull the No. 15 fuse (10A, back up). Your owner's manual should show this and the fuse box cover.

Wait about three minutes or so, and reinstall the fuse.

Turn ignition to ON (II) and turn on radio. Try to enter your code.

See if anything changes.
How does this differ from leaving the battery disconnected for over an hour?

here is what I did, disconnect the battery. Turn the car back on, then turn on the Head unit by pressed the small knob, it will prom to enter the Code. Remember don't press anything else beside turn the HUB on and the codes; aka no adjust time etc. If it still not prom to enter the code, then maybe because u tried it several time and the HUB auto lock out wait for 1hrs before try again... OR READ YOUR OWNER MANUAL page 200 for more info...

Once again..... (maybe if I put it in all caps...) THE BUTTONS DO NOTHING. NONE OF THEM EXCEPT THE LOAD BUTTON.

·
Registered
339 Posts
How does this differ from leaving the battery disconnected for over an hour?
This doesn't differ much compared to having a battery disconnected for a long time. But, you would have already reconnected the battery when you tried to get the radio to work again. The No. 15 fuse (10A) backs-up the radio memory in addition to some other things.

Try this next: 1. Turn ignition to ON (II). 2. Press preset buttons 1 and 6. See if some numbers come up. 3. If numbers came up from the previous step, turn ignition off. 4. Then turn back ON (II). "CODE" should appear. Enter your radio security code.

Good luck.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Well it's highly unlikely that some broad went, but it is possible..

Just stop bashing your head and just take it to the dealer..
Did she slip in when he wasn't looking? :dunno:

Should be under warranty, so no bending over is neccessary.

Please let us know what it was.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did she slip in when he wasn't looking? :dunno:

Should be under warranty, so no bending over is neccessary.

Please let us know what it was.
Yea I'm headin to the dealershit after work at 430. I've seen several posts with the same issue, just no resolution. I'll let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On so here's the low down... I removed my radio to install a PA15 HON2 iPod adapter. When I put power back to the car the radio didn't work. Not just a quick "enter code or disconnect and reconnet the battery". All the buttons were dead on the radio. The tech got it working and here's the issue. Apparently there is a resistor plate behind the plastic face of the radio that lies directly between the volume knob and the menu select knob (the only two knobs on the non navi radio). He said that when the radio is removed, SOMETIMES this resistor plate slides forward from between the radio due to the pulling and tugging required to pop the ten clips loose.

So to correct this, he said use your thumbs, place both your thumbs on the front of the radio between the two knobs. One thumb on VOL and the other thumb on PUSH PWR and press hard. He said it will shift the resistor plate back into place and restore functionality to your buttons.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
On so here's the low down... I removed my radio to install a PA15 HON2 iPod adapter. When I put power back to the car the radio didn't work. Not just a quick "enter code or disconnect and reconnet the battery". All the buttons were dead on the radio. The tech got it working and here's the issue. Apparently there is a resistor plate behind the plastic face of the radio that lies directly between the volume knob and the menu select knob (the only two knobs on the non navi radio). He said that when the radio is removed, SOMETIMES this resistor plate slides forward from between the radio due to the pulling and tugging required to pop the ten clips loose.

So to correct this, he said use your thumbs, place both your thumbs on the front of the radio between the two knobs. One thumb on VOL and the other thumb on PUSH PWR and press hard. He said it will shift the resistor plate back into place and restore functionality to your buttons.
Might have mentioned this from the start. :dunno:

Glad it is fixed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thanks DCAR777 . i had the same problem this weekend. just pushing it did not work. i had to take apart the face plate to straightened out the plates. now everything seems to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks DCAR777 . i had the same problem this weekend. just pushing it did not work. i had to take apart the face plate to straightened out the plates. now everything seems to work.
Hello everyone! First post in the forum so bear with me :)

Chuck, I think I have the same problem you guys dealt with. I installed an iPod adapter in my 2008 Accord w/ Navi and I think my yanking on the main radio unit messed up something because none of the radio buttons work. Steering wheel controls, dual zone A/C, info bar, all that still works. Navi screen comes up but I can't do anything with it because the buttons are dead.

What did you look for when taking the faceplate off? Any tips or help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone! First post in the forum so bear with me :)

Chuck, I think I have the same problem you guys dealt with. I installed an iPod adapter in my 2008 Accord w/ Navi and I think my yanking on the main radio unit messed up something because none of the radio buttons work. Steering wheel controls, dual zone A/C, info bar, all that still works. Navi screen comes up but I can't do anything with it because the buttons are dead.

What did you look for when taking the faceplate off? Any tips or help is greatly appreciated!
i dont remember the exact details, but the faceplate was pretty easy to take off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having the exact problem. Pushing really hard between the knobs gets power to the deck but only for long as I hold it there. opened my deck into million pieces and put it back together with no results. any advice???

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all,

I have the same problem. None of the radio buttons works except volume and CD eject buttons. The buttons on steering works sometimes especially when car is cold. When exposed to hot climate that also don't work. Please help me out. All fuses are ok.

Accord 2009 sedan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts