Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
me5po5ito
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing an OEM remote starter from HandAaccessories.com. But before I buy I wanted some input from others who have the system.

I know that I can get an aftermarket one that might be "better" but the car is currently leased so I would rather stick with the OEM version, plus I think the engine on/off to unlock/drive the car isn't really annoying. The 2-way system is nice, too.

Anyway - to those who have the system, how much did you pay for the install? And could you upload some pictures of the remote and it's size and also the antenna they put in the car during the install.

Also, have you had any problems with it or the 2-way system?

·
Snicker Dog
208 Posts
This seems like a good question. Nobody?

·
aka Rich
290 Posts
hope you realize that OEM alarms do not have a shock sensor built in. so someone can break your windows and reach in grab whatever...the horn will not go off unless someone opens the trunk or a door. be better off getting an alarm made by DEI w/ remote start built in

·
need 6 speed!
2,231 Posts
the dealership offered to throw it in for me for $700, but the remote was bigger than my cell phone,so i turned it down.....wouldnt want to carry that around on a keychain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the dealership offered to throw it in for me for $700, but the remote was bigger than my cell phone,so i turned it down.....wouldnt want to carry that around on a keychain.

how small is your cellphone? co'z the remote is only around 1 X 3 inches only.

·
need 6 speed!
2,231 Posts
haha, it wasnt bigger, but close to the same size as my phone.

·
Banned
2,719 Posts
thats looks about the same size as the switchblade key, maybe just alittle longer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts