Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to put together an official 1/4 mile list for any/all 10th gen Accords who would like to participate.
Please follow the format listed below when posting your official times (Must include pictures of your time slips).

Ran my Accord on the evening of 10/23/18 at the drag strip and was very very impressed.

Temperature: 43F Degrees

Model: 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T
Transmission: 10-spd Automatic
Performance Modifications: None (Bone Stock)

Vehicle Prep:
- Removed the spare tire and accessories from the trunk
- 3/4 tank of 93 octane
- Tire pressure was not modified

Best Run: 13.886 at 100.13 mph
Worst Run: 14.202 at 101.28 mph

Ran the car 4 times

OFFICIAL 1/4 Mile List (Stock Vehicles)
Abe Froman .......Best Run: 13.886 @ 100.13 mph (60ft: 2.296)
Jhold ................Best Run: 13.910 @ 102.12 mph (60ft: 2.314)
Puddingstomp ....Best Run: 13.962 @ 100.49 mph (60ft: 2.345)

OFFICIAL 1/4 Mile List (Modified Vehicles)
Sameer Navelkar ........Best Run: 13.766 @ 101.77 MPH. (60ft: 2.276) / Mods: Hondata Stage 2 / PRL Stage 1 Intake
Abe Froman................Best Run: 13.859 @ 99.08 mph (60ft: 2.256) / Mods: PRL Stage 1 Intake
GotRiceYo ..................Best Run: 13.983 @ 99.31mph (60ft: 2.175) / Mods: Hondata Stage 2 / PRL Stage 1 Intake

·
Registered
995 Posts
Good run! I would be interested to see what the EX-L 2.0 can do since it has different size tires.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Nice! The 2.0T has decent performance! DA adjusted the 2.0T Accord is solid 14.1s 99-100 mph car. That is fast for a family sedan! It’s the same as a BMW 330i, Audi A4, Cadillac ATS V6, Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T, 2.0T Camaro, and faster than a Mercedes C300. All those cars tout themselves as performance cars too. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I see you have an ATS-V and S4 in your garage. Very nice! The fact that someone who appreciates higher pedigree cars selected an Accord speaks very highly of the Accord. Always interested to hear any comparison between the Accord and those performance cars.

·
HK Moderator
13,579 Posts
DA adjusted the 2.0T Accord is solid 14.1s 99-100 mph car.
Excellent point.

FYI: "DA" means Density Altitude, as the air density and altitude (above sea level) of where you are running will affect your quarter mile times. Sometimes THAT is why the same car set-up will run such different times and lead to debates on forums- one guy ran in Denver (high altitude and maybe cooler temperatures), and one in Miami (almost at sea level and usually warmer air).

The DA "adjustment" is very detailed and takes these factors into account to make an accurate comparison.

·
Enthusiast
122 Posts
Great times, here's mine

2.0AT

Stock

No changes to anything (left spare tire in the car, stock tire pressures etc)

13.91 @ 102

I believe there's a third member on here a few threads down that also ran 13.9 bone stock with spare tire in trunk.

So far that's 3 different stock 2.0ATs running high 13s, looking pretty stout

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Excellent point.

FYI: "DA" means Density Altitude, as the air density and altitude (above sea level) of where you are running will affect your quarter mile times. Sometimes THAT is why the same car set-up will run such different times and lead to debates on forums- one guy ran in Denver (high altitude and maybe cooler temperatures), and one in Miami (almost at sea level and usually warmer air).

The DA "adjustment" is very detailed and takes these factors into account to make an accurate comparison.
Not to belabor this point, but you can go to the site below for this information.

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

For example you can select “Great Lakes Dragway,” plug in 10/23/18 and see that at 5:53pm it was 41.0°F, 86% humidity with a barometric pressure of 30.34”Hg. If you plug that info into their calculator it will automatically show you density altitude, which in this case was 815 feet below sea level. If you then plug the car’s actual time/speed into their calculator it will adjust the time/speed to show what it would have been at about 70°F, 30.7”Hg, 60% humidity and at sea level. (This is what all the car magazines do too.)

If you normalize the 40°F temps to about 70°F, the Accord is a solid 14.0 to 14.1 second car at 100 mph, which is what the car mags claim it should be.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! The 2.0T has decent performance! DA adjusted the 2.0T Accord is solid 14.1s 99-100 mph car. That is fast for a family sedan! It’s the same as a BMW 330i, Audi A4, Cadillac ATS V6, Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.0T, 2.0T Camaro, and faster than a Mercedes C300. All those cars tout themselves as performance cars too. Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I see you have an ATS-V and S4 in your garage. Very nice! The fact that someone who appreciates higher pedigree cars selected an Accord speaks very highly of the Accord. Always interested to hear any comparison between the Accord and those performance cars.
Thank you! I was really intrigued by the powertrain in the 2.0T Accord (ie; 2.0L Turbo mated to a 10-spd auto). I was initially looking at the Acura RDX A-spec or the TLX A-Spec as a utility vehicle but ultimately decided on the Accord as the best bang for the buck. The Accord has amazing performance and value at the price I paid for it. My ATS-V has some mods and is just stupid fast (With a drag radial it's a mid to high 10 second car). My wife's S4 is gorgeous and is pretty much stock with the exception of some cosmetic modifications. Her car is probably a mid to high 12 second car out of the box.

I believe with the addition of a tune, down-pipe and a better tire, the 2.0T Auto Accord is capable of ripping off a very very low 13 if not a very high 12 given optimal conditions.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
My ATS-V has some mods and is just stupid fast (With a drag radial it's a mid to high 10 second car). My wife's S4 is gorgeous and is pretty much stock with the exception of some cosmetic modifications. Her car is probably a mid to high 12 second car out of the box.
A ten second quarter! Compared to an Accord, that is crazy fast for a road car. I don't mean to hijack this thread and to also post a video previously posted, but here is a video of my run against a Cadillac CTS-V. It "only" pulled an 11.2 @ 123 mph and made my car look molasses slow. Perspective is a good thing.

·
Registered
334 Posts
A ten second quarter! Compared to an Accord, that is crazy fast for a road car. I don't mean to hijack this thread and to also post a video previously posted, but here is a video of my run against a Cadillac CTS-V. It "only" pulled an 11.2 @ 123 mph and made my car look molasses slow. Perspective is a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCGaWF3aqhY
Englishtown NJ!! such a shame they closed down. I used to run my 2000 Si there.

·
port & polish everything
1,562 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
One dealer was claiming with just ktuner;

13.6 @ 106 KTuner flash
14.0 @ 99 stock tunes

https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/265-performance/519130-2nd-accord-2-0t-track.html
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhaR0ndhT0E/

No posted timeslips though, we'll see if anyone can match that with tuning.

I think a 13.7 is possible stock (most likely the ceiling) if you can nail down a 60ft in the 2.1 second range. Clearly the tune is going to make you spin harder at the line, so then it becomes about putting a better tire on the vehicle.

13.6 with an estimated 40-50hp bump is pretty dismal, but then again there’s many variables that are not explained it that person’s post;

- What was the 60 ft?
- What was location of the track, time of day and temperature?
- Was traction control on or off? I produced the best runs with TC left on.

For (BOUTS OF DIARRHEA) n giggles, I’m going to install the PRL stage 1 intake and run the car within the next week or two. Then I’ll tune the car and do it again after that.

·
port & polish everything
1,562 Posts
The 4-5 mph improvement in trap speed is very substantial though, it will be interesting to see if that can be duplicated. That would easily match a stock CTR and beat a base Tesla model 3 from any roll race.

·
Enthusiast
122 Posts
The car from the factory is setup well for the amount of power it has. It's right near the tire limit but not quite over it yet. You could probobly get away with a PRL S1 intake and still be fine with a slight improvement.

The minute you tune the car it just starts blowing the tires off and it gets very overwhelming fast for the stock setup.

Your essentially paying money to move the curve farther to the right. Your first half of the track suffers for last half improvement and vice versa.

The tune would be best observed from a rolling start in which it would probobly pull hard on a stock car, but not from a dig.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Headed to Bradenton Motorsports Park this evening for Test n' Tune with my 2.0T, 10AT Sport! Will post results tomorrow.

Current Mods: Hondata Stage 2 Flash, PRL Stage 1 Intake.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headed to Bradenton Motorsports Park this evening for Test n' Tune with my 2.0T, 10AT Sport! Will post results tomorrow.

Current Mods: Hondata Stage 2 Flash, PRL Stage 1 Intake.
Nice, I’m heading out to the track again tonight as well. I have just the PRL intake installed. My numbers tonight should give a good indication if the intake actually made a difference.

·
Spoool'n
25 Posts
What a blast tonight with Sameer & Eddie at Bradenton Motorsports Park! Was awesome to get 3 2.0t cars out together to do some runs and comparing. Here are my slips in order from left to right... not a great night I think for ol Betsy as Sameer & Eddie we’re both able to run 13.7’s. My 2.0t 10AT Touring with Hondata stage 2 tune & PRL Stage 1 intake 13.983 @ 99.31mph 2.175 60’ - this run was Sport Mode, Traction Off, 2nd gear launch with full throttle. Last run 14.050 @ 100.32mph 2.307 60’ - this run Sport Mode regular no messing with the flappy paddles, Traction On, Full throttle launch. Note Bradenton, FL - 80 degree night & high humidity, another 4-6 weeks it should start cooling off down here & we will go back for some more testing! See attached slips

Attachments

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Not to the state the obvious, but we need to start altitude adjusting our times and speeds. Just like cool and dry weather boosts performance, warm and humid weather hurts it. According to:

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator Bradenton Motorsports Park - DragTimes.com

at 5:53pm in Bradenton it was 79°F, 82% humidity, with 29.93” of Hg at 19’ of elevation. That implies an altitude adjustment of 1,653 feet above sea level and converts a 14.0s @ 100.3 mph run to a 13.74 @ 102.23 mph run. That makes more sense for Stage-2 2.0T Accord. Your modified 2.0T is more than a 100 mph car!

·
Enthusiast
122 Posts
In my opinion I don't think their is any need for it to be that scientific, or to be adjusting our times.

For myself, and likely the majority of owners, they care about what they see in front of them, not something that an online calculator tells them.

If i personally went to the drag strip and ran a 13.7, i would be telling everyone i ran a 13.7, because i did. I wouldnt be telling people I ran a 14.0 after the online tool correction.

In a similar sense, you can correct his car to a 100+ MPH trap speed, but he hasn't actually done that yet.

That would be similar to putting your car on a Dyno, having it pull 230 WHP, but then going out and telling everyone the car made 250 WHP because it was a hot day when you dyno'd it, it really didnt.

Does this make sense?

Everyone lives in their own micro environment, your circle of friends likely goes to the same track as you, and the same dyno as you. So the results that happen in your own environment with your own locale and friends are really the truth in your world, not an adjusted value.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
In my opinion I don't think their is any need for it to be that scientific, or to be adjusting our times.

For myself, and likely the majority of owners, they care about what they see in front of them, not something that an online calculator tells them.

If i personally went to the drag strip and ran a 13.7, i would be telling everyone i ran a 13.7, because i did. I wouldnt be telling people I ran a 14.0 after the online tool correction.

In a similar sense, you can correct his car to a 100+ MPH trap speed, but he hasn't actually done that yet.

That would be similar to putting your car on a Dyno, having it pull 230 WHP, but then going out and telling everyone the car made 250 WHP because it was a hot day when you dyno'd it, it really didnt.

Does this make sense?

Everyone lives in their own micro environment, your circle of friends likely goes to the same track as you, and the same dyno as you. So the results that happen in your own environment with your own locale and friends are really the truth in your world, not an adjusted value.
I respectfully disagree. In ¼ miles races, tenths of a second and 1-2 mph mean everything. When you describe your performance to others, do you tell them you ran about a 14 second quarter? No. You tell them you ran a 13.9 or 13.8 second quarter because that 1/10th of a second has great significance. Think about how much money people spend on mods to make their cars 1/10s to 2/10s faster. In a race, 2/10ths of a second at 100 mph is about 30 feet or about two car lengths. If one car beats another car in a quarter mile race by two car lengths that is a very clear victory.

I get your viewpoint about micro-environments. In head to head competitions on the same day everything evens out. But to state “my car ran a 13.9 second quarter” is different than stating “my car IS a 13.9 second quarter mile car.” I'll argue that we state our times because we want the "IS" label. Sometimes atmospheric conditions work for you and sometimes against you, by a lot. For the numbers to have real meaning, they need to be adjusted. 1/10s of a second and 1-2 mph matter. (Also, when you dyno an engine it is normally adjusted, for the same reasons.)

1 - 20 of 87 Posts