Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
No, there are some “L” brackets that clip onto the sunroof opening.
Oh thats awesome, easy enough to take off. Likely easy to sell on eBay or even locally too I would imagine. Do the SGP on the Accord and type R match exactly? To me the type r looks a little darker, more gray and the accord looks a little more powder blue but its so hard to tell with this color lol. Mine looks different itself every time I look at it.

·
Registered
2021 SGP Accord Touring/ 2019 SGP CTR R-35355
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh thats awesome, easy enough to take off. Likely easy to sell on eBay or even locally too I would imagine. Do the SGP on the Accord and type R match exactly? To me the type r looks a little darker, more gray and the accord looks a little more powder blue but its so hard to tell with this color lol. Mine looks different itself every time I look at it.
I was just out in the garage, removing it. Much better. I had to get out the 3D One and do a quick polish. It already left some marring under where the rubber met the paint.

And I was also noticing that in the pictures. The Accord Sonic Gray doesn’t seem to have as much metallic as the Type R. They almost look like different paint codes. But I also applied a ceramic coating about a month ago. But I definitely noticed the same thing. I’m going to take it out in the sun, tomorrow and check it out in the light.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Tucked in for the night. Sunroof visor has to go on the Accord. It’s like a Batwing on the roof. Not a fan.

View attachment 528358
Don’t blame you. I’ve always hated those. What’s the point of having a sunroof if you’re gonna put a visor on it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Don’t blame you. I’ve always hated those. What’s the point of having a sunroof if you’re gonna put a visor on it.
The last time I had one on a sunroof, was when I bought one for my Civic. That was in 1994. And it was much smaller. And allows you to open the roof on the highway, with almost no wind noise. Its also tinted dark, and blocks a lot of the sun. But this one is just too big and ugly. I feel like there’s a ski box on the roof.

·
Registered
80 Posts
And you blacked out the nasty chrome around the windows (still have no idea why Honda decided to go with chrome trim around the windows). Looks great man!
I blacked out the window chrome the second day of ownership! I agree with you 100% the rest of the accents on the car are black the chrome trim looked out of place big time. I've gotten rid of all the chrome on the car except for the exhaust tips...I'll probably just leave them. Thanks alot!...my vision for the car is almost complete...now just gotta drop it a bit and get the wheel fitment dialed in as well as throw on some of the smoked v3 tail lights.

·
Registered
2019 Platinum Pearl White 2.0 Sport 6MT
291 Posts
I blacked out the window chrome the second day of ownership! I agree with you 100% the rest of the accents on the car are black the chrome trim looked out of place big time. I've gotten rid of all the chrome on the car except for the exhaust tips...I'll probably just leave them. Thanks alot!...my vision for the car is almost complete...now just gotta drop it a bit and get the wheel fitment dialed in as well as throw on some of the smoked v3 tail lights.
I've actually got eibach springs and sway bars on back order right now lol.

The chrome looks horrible on all of the Accords, but I feel like it looks especially bad on the sonic gray for whatever reason. Did you use plastidip or wrap?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've actually got eibach springs and sweaty bars on back order right now lol.

The chrome looks horrible on all of the Accords, but I feel like it looks especially bad on the sonic gray for whatever reason. Did you use plastidip or wrap?
I have blacked out all my vehicles lol...could not agree more. The chrome is a horrible match for the sonic grey, it looks so much more clean and aggressive with all black. I dipped the chrome around the windows and got oem black emblems and badges..also wrapped the grill in black. i like the dip for the windows because it's so simple to do and it matches the lower black trim so perfectly.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I finally got my tint done, today. Formula One Stratos 15 rears, 35 sides and 70 on the windshield. This is the 6th car I got done in this configuration, and I think it’s just perfect for how I like the windows. My Type R has Xpel Prime XR Plus, and that tint seems to be good. But I think I just like the Stratos a little more.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Window Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
80 Posts
That looks awesome!! The shop that did mine cut around the 3rd brake light and it looks like crap, trying to figure out how to remove and get redone without damaging the defroster straps. The color of the sgp looks awesome in that lighting condition of the pics. You considering blacking out the chrome window trim?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thank you. And yes, I’ve definitely considered it. Trying to decide on the best process to do it. Wrap, would work, but they would eventually peel off, because I wash the car with a pressure washer and foam cannon. I just have to figure it out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thank you. And yes, I’ve definitely considered it. Trying to decide on the best process to do it. Wrap, would work, but they would eventually peel off, because I wash the car with a pressure washer and foam cannon. I just have to figure it out.
I have used plasti dip on my past few vehicles and it is really amazing both how well it matches the black bottom trim and how durable it is. It withstands Buffalo winters and high pressure car washes with no damage. Its also an extremely cheap option, one can will be more than enough to cover all the trim and will set you back $5. I am not into the dipped look for things like wheels, badges, grilles, etc but the window trim is definitely one area where it looks really great and matches the factory trim.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post here =) I don't have photos yet. Just bought my 2021 Sport 2.0T in Sonic Gray pearl Tuesday but they had to do a dealer to dealer trade to get one. Only had the Sport model and I wanted the sunroof and blind spot monitors. I'm so excited to get it though. I LOVE this color!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
First post here =) I don't have photos yet. Just bought my 2021 Sport 2.0T in Sonic Gray pearl Tuesday but they had to do a dealer to dealer trade to get one. Only had the Sport model and I wanted the sunroof and blind spot monitors. I'm so excited to get it though. I LOVE this color!
Post when you get it. (y)

21 - 40 of 85 Posts