Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Howdy guys, I just got my second Accord (first one was a 2004 V6 Coupe). I got me a new 2021 Hybrid Touring.
I love it and the color is the best part. I love the tech part as well.

I'm a mods guy, and I'll be doing some very soon.
I like to debaged my cars ASAP, but this time I have only removed the "Accord" name. The wife likes the Hybrid name plates so I might keep them or I might just paint them black. I really dislike the chrome with a passion so that'll be next.
H name plates will be next, blackout is next.
Already got the windows tinted, will be installing a dash camera later on today.
Waiting for speaker brackets so I can do the upgrade as well as the sub. I might add a second sub and place it on the spare tire location. It is a Bose with a built in amp. Not a power house but I do prefer quality sound now days.

The only thing I'm dissapointed is the sound, garbage. But I'll get on it in the next days.
Also, I added a roof racks with a wind fairing. For looks really, since the wife thinks it looks sportier.

I'll be posting pictures soon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Howdy guys, I just got my second Accord (first one was a 2004 V6 Coupe). I got me a new 2021 Hybrid Touring.
I love it and the color is the best part. I love the tech part as well.

I'm a mods guy, and I'll be doing some very soon.
I like to debaged my cars ASAP, but this time I have only removed the "Accord" name. The wife likes the Hybrid name plates so I might keep them or I might just paint them black. I really dislike the chrome with a passion so that'll be next.
H name plates will be next, blackout is next.
Already got the windows tinted, will be installing a dash camera later on today.
Waiting for speaker brackets so I can do the upgrade as well as the sub. I might add a second sub and place it on the spare tire location. It is a Bose with a built in amp. Not a power house but I do prefer quality sound now days.

The only thing I'm dissapointed is the sound, garbage. But I'll get on it in the next days.
Also, I added a roof racks with a wind fairing. For looks really, since the wife thinks it looks sportier.

I'll be posting pictures soon.
I would love to see the sonic grey with the roof rack and fairing...please post!! Been considering getting a rack and fairing for my SGP sport SE. Glad you're enjoying the car!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Picked up a 2021 Touring in Sonic Gray Pearl last week. I had a 2019 2.0t Sport in Platinum White.

I wasn't sure about the Sonic Gray Pearl color- but color choices for Tourings are pretty limited in my area. My local dealer either had Sonic Gray Pearl or a Platinum White Pearl. Since my last three cars were white, I went with the Sonic Gray.

The color is definitely growing on me. The Touring has a lot of chrome though.... I really liked the toned down look of my 2019 2.0t Sport. We'll see how I feel about the chrome after a few weeks.

·
2021 Accord Touring
69 Posts
Picked up a 2021 Touring in Sonic Gray Pearl last week. I had a 2019 2.0t Sport in Platinum White.

View attachment 530586
View attachment 530587
View attachment 530588

I wasn't sure about the Sonic Gray Pearl color- but color choices for Tourings are pretty limited in my area. My local dealer either had Sonic Gray Pearl or a Platinum White Pearl. Since my last three cars were white, I went with the Sonic Gray.

The color is definitely growing on me. The Touring has a lot of chrome though.... I really liked the toned down look of my 2019 2.0t Sport. We'll see how I feel about the chrome after a few weeks.
Was this taken at Whitnall park near 84th street? The Wilde Honda dealer that you told me about did have the Sonic Gray available that day you pmed me, but I didn't like the color so I passed on it. I have to admit it doesn't look as bad as I remembered it. Maybe because I saw it when it was getting dark.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Was this taken at Whitnall park near 84th street? The Wilde Honda dealer that you told me about did have the Sonic Gray available that day you pmed me, but I didn't like the color so I passed on it. I have to admit it doesn't look as bad as I remembered it. Maybe because I saw it when it was getting dark.
That was taken at Whitnall Park.

The Sonic Gray color really seems to change depending on lighting conditions. It looks best to me in medium lighting conditions- shortly before sunset, for example (that's when those pictures were taken). In bright sunlight, it doesn't seem to shine as much and the slightly bluish tint seems to be less apparent compared to at night or at dusk.

It's definitely an acquired taste. I'm still not sold on it- but color options were really limited when I got it.

I did notice that Wilde Honda now has a sliver 2021 Touring in stock... along with a Sonic Gray one. If the silver had been available last month- I might have picked it over Sonic Gray. With that said, everyone that sees the car gives me a compliment on the color when they see it in person. I don't think that would happen with the silver color- just because the Sonic Gray is a lot more unique compared to the billion of silver cars that are on the road.

·
CVtwo
‘21 Sport 2.0T
65 Posts
That was taken at Whitnall Park.

The Sonic Gray color really seems to change depending on lighting conditions. It looks best to me in medium lighting conditions- shortly before sunset, for example (that's when those pictures were taken). In bright sunlight, it doesn't seem to shine as much and the slightly bluish tint seems to be less apparent compared to at night or at dusk.
I totally agree about the lighting conditions, when the sun is out in the afternoon and it hits the sonic paint, it’s too light blueish looking imo.
That paint really throws off some tones depending on time of day

·
Registered
2021 SGP Accord Touring/ 2019 SGP CTR R-35355
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Congrats on the Touring. I love my Touring for all the crazy accessories they have for them. Here are some. Door projectors, puddle lights and side skirts, illuminated door sills. All OEM.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Personal luxury car Flooring Bumper
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Hood Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
8 Posts
When building my Accord online, I naturally wanted basically every accessory they offer. When pen met paper at the dealership, though, I had second thoughts 😅 Next up for me are window tint, PPF and ceramic, black window trim, and wheels.... maybe not all at once haha

·
Registered
1,415 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. Was looking around on Google for cars with Sonic grey pearl paint and found this forum. I know this might be a weird subject but I so much love that color that I was wanting opinions from owners of cars with this color. I have a 1984 Supra that is almost ready for paint. Was always going to paint it the original black but now after seeing this color I want to paint it SGP. Will have no chrome and stock rims powder coated gloss black.
What do you guys think? Crazy or brilliant?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Blacked out the window trim and the bronze trim pieces on the front and back (did not like the bronze but did not want to swap it back to the og chrome either or uninstall the rear piece), slight tint on the windows, PPF and ceramic coat. I'll take a pic of the rear bumper trim piece eventually 😅
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle

41 - 60 of 85 Posts