Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am looking at a set of wheels. I currently have 35 and they are too flush with as low as i want my coilovers. I want to get a smaller offset. but the wheel is only made for our car with a 40 offset but the depth of the wheel is an inch thicker.... currently im running 20x8.5 35 offset..... if i get these 19x9.5 40 offset.... will these stick out further?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
very helpful thanks. I found the wheels i wanted by some miracle lol... they were out of stock everywhere i think they are stopping production on them.... thanks fellas

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,716 Posts
I want to get a smaller offset.
What you want is a higher offset. A lower offset will push the wheels further out.

currently im running 20x8.5 35 offset..... if i get these 19x9.5 40 offset.... will these stick out further?
Yes, 19x9.5 with 40 offset will push the wheels further out by 8mm (0.315 inches). While the offset is higher, the wheels are also wider. If the width was the same (8.5"), then the wheels would sit further in by 5mm.

Wheels will also extend 18mm (.71 inches) further in, so you'll have 18mm less of inner clearance.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What you want is a higher offset. A lower offset will push the wheels further out.

Thats what i ment... its been a long day lol..

Yes, 19x9.5 with 40 offset will push the wheels further out by 8mm (0.315 inches).

Wheels will also extend 18mm (.71 inches) further in, so you'll have 18mm less of inner clearance.
i got 19x8 +45s ordered for me Thanks:thmsup:

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
i got 19x8 +45s ordered for me Thanks:thmsup:
Those are going to be tucked in almost as much as stock 18's. The stock coupe 18's are 18x8+55 I believe, which is a 10 mm difference which is just less than half an inch.

My rears are 20x10.5 +45 and mine aren't flush. It just depends how flush you want to get or want to tuck in.

Here's a good tool to use to figure out the comparisons in different wheels and offsets and tires etc:

http://www.rimsntires.com/rt_specs.jsp

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are going to be tucked in almost as much as stock 18's. The stock coupe 18's are 18x8+55 I believe, which is a 10 mm difference which is just less than half an inch.

My rears are 20x10.5 +45 and mine aren't flush. It just depends how flush you want to get or want to tuck in.
im trying to get as low as possible... i might get some spacers depending how she sits.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
im trying to get as low as possible... i might get some spacers depending how she sits.
Low as possible okay, but where do you want your wheels to sit? You have to think about where you wheels are going to sit before you drop them. If they are really tucked in before you drop, they are going to tuck in even MORE when you drop it ( negative camber ).

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Low as possible okay, but where do you want your wheels to sit? You have to think about where you wheels are going to sit before you drop them. If they are really tucked in before you drop, they are going to tuck in even MORE when you drop it ( negative camber ).
Yup my friend has a shop and im going to put the wheels on at his shop and hes gonna align them when i get them on. :thmsup:

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I personally would've went with a wider wheel. It'd look much more aggressive dropped with some wide wheels / tires vs stock width. 19 or 20x9's +40 I think would've been good, I'd say staggered too but not everyone wants to deal with that.

What wheels did you order? I wasn't a fan of the ones you have right now anyways heh.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I personally would've went with a wider wheel. It'd look much more aggressive dropped with some wide wheels / tires vs stock width. 19 or 20x9's +40 I think would've been good, I'd say staggered too but not everyone wants to deal with that.

What wheels did you order? I wasn't a fan of the ones you have right now anyways heh.

i wanted a dish... i might powder them all black.. not sure

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I originally liked those, but black lip blends in too much with the tires.
depending on the size of the lip i might get something painted onto the lip on each wheel... a name or something... maybe accord or something.. in a dark blue red or PPM

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
depending on the size of the lip i might get something painted onto the lip on each wheel... a name or something... maybe accord or something.. in a dark blue red or PPM
Heh nah don't do that, if anything get a stripe painted on the outer lip.

BTW, being that the wheels are only 19x8+45, they aren't going to be very deep dish. The lower the offset, the bigger the lip will be, also a wider wheel would've had a bigger lip.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mhm. Ill see ill let u know in about two weeks when i get my wheels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts