Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
So i was reading on another forum about oil wear and protection on flattap cam lobe failure.when i came across a product that might help people here with there new Accords with CVT transmissions.
Now by nature i am a Hotrod/muscle guy and have belonged to this chevelle forum for years now.i have been working on and restoring hotrods since i was a teen.so i know a little some thing about cars.here is picture of my 69 SS convertible that i restored.

like most forums here, there are so many people with a wealth knowledge.that can help us with our true love and that is our cars.
So there is a guy on Teamchevelle that has been posting for years about oil protection/engine wear.because modern oils does not provide adequate wear protection for Flat tap racing cams. this guy is a Professional Degreed Engineer, as well as a U.S. Patent holder.when i comes to oils he know what he is talking about.
when i was reading his post he talked about,"Oil Extreme Concentrate additive" that helps in wear protection.i then looked up this product,in BOLD red letters this product claims to help with Hondas CVT transmission Shudder.now i just read this myself and have not tried the product at all.but i will in the future will be using this additive in my muscle cars and my honda.Why?because of this.PLEASE READ and you can be the judge.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4998241&posted=1#post4998241
now i know we are talking cams here but i know 540RAT knows his *** when it comes to wear protection.this company says it will help hondas shudder so we will see.here is the link to there site.

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,062 Posts
I'll stand by the argument that if this additive offered any improvement over regular oil, those oil manufacturers would add it themselves.

·
4,637 Posts
Lubeguard has an anti-shudder fix along with a few other additives that are highly regarded. I'd probably look in that direction. Most others are considered snake oil. Especially, the ones that just thicken things up like cheap goop.

Welcome aboard! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the reason i posted this was just to get the info out there.if you don't believe the claims by the 540RAT from Teamchevelle,Oil extreme or by any other product.that is your right or any one else for that matter.But 540RAT has been doing the research for years to help us people with flat tap cam prevent lobe failure.he using his own time and money to prove that some modern racing oils don't hold up to there claims.when NASCAR teams and other researchers come to him to find out why the cams in there motors keep failing.there must be some thing in his research that he is doing right.if you click on the teamchevelle link and then click on his site name.you can bring up old posts and you can read more about his research.
Now there are a lot of products on the market that boost claims that may or may not be true.only be using them,testing them or by research can we prove that they hold up to there claims.i have NOT USED this product at all just putting it out there for everyone here.so i don't know if this well help or not.i am not here to debate this just inform you.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Adding anything to your CVT transmission fluid will void yout 6 year or 60,000 mile warrantee. I guarantee that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adding anything to your CVT transmission fluid will void yout 6 year or 60,000 mile warrantee. I guarantee that.
i agree with you 100% but there is a lot of things that people do on this site would void there warrantee to there car…….

1 - 6 of 6 Posts