Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
this very same problem is one of the reasons why I just logged onto the site. I have an obvious leak from somewhere but its not even bad enough to drip onto the driveway. I am interested in hearing any updates on this.

2005 Accord EX Coupe.

·
Registered
04 coupe w/06-07 rear end conversion-19” TSW Sochi- Nighthawk Black,2008 Equinox LS AWD Summit White
47 Posts
Solenoid O rings OR the VTC filter/screen behind the power steering pump. I just did that on my 7th gen and it did leak a bit, but not bad at all. Bit of a PITA, have to take the belt, power steering pump (just set it aside, dont disconnect it) and a few other things off. Took me a couple hours to do. Mine was brittle and dry, probably original to the car.

ha just realized this is a six year old thread lmao I don’t know why i even responded

·
Registered
07 Honda Accord Ex-L
42 Posts
Solenoid O rings OR the VTC filter/screen behind the power steering pump. I just did that on my 7th gen and it did leak a bit, but not bad at all. Bit of a PITA, have to take the belt, power steering pump (just set it aside, dont disconnect it) and a few other things off. Took me a couple hours to do. Mine was brittle and dry, probably original to the car.

ha just realized this is a six year old thread lmao I don’t know why i even responded
Actually was easier then I thought I had it the other day it’s just the power steering pump and pulley belt tensioner. Got in and out within a hour or so

·
Registered
2003 Accord EX-L, 167K, 2.4L, 5spd, Sun Roof. First Honda owned vehicle, bought as a gas saver
11 Posts
Mine was leaking from the front crank seal. Fixed it Tuesday, and everything is still dry. I previously replaced the gasket on the mechanism on the back side of the motor (toward the firewall) and the V-Tech plunger/injector looking thing. Both gaskets were stiff, but pliable, and NOT the cause of my passenger side oil leak. Bought OEM Honda gaskets for both, and the crank seal.

Used the Lisle 77080 19mm crank bolt socket and it spun right off. I don't know if the bolt has been off before, but it had the highly visible gray locktite/Honda adhesive applied to it. Took about 6-7 seconds of a 20V, 1400 ft lb , impact to get it off. Rubber on the crank seal was shot and brittle. Also replaced the harmonic balancer due to the rubber between the two metal pieces being in very poor condition and breaking off/down. Used the Dorman replacement from O'rielly's.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts